Azinger given the boot

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Think its as much Azinger decision rather than the USPGA.

Better to go out on a high winning the cup back at long last after such a poor run.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Mind you Seve won and never returned, mind you he loved the cup but hated all the crap that went with it like the victory dinner :D and the politics of it.

Ian Woosnam in Wales for the next Euro captain, it has to be who else to let loose the dragon of the Yanks and unleash a spanking on them!!

Azinger, was he good or just Faldo really that bad?

ricardodaintino

Head Pro
Visit site
I think there has been too much emphasis put on the captains this year.

I give far more credit to the American's actually wielding the clubs than I do to Azinger.

We had bad leadership but played with true grit, the Americans just seemed to have more of it!

I agree with Woosie in Wales though! I definetly want to get out and play that course before they show me how it should be done in 2010!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I just think the yanks wanted it more, having lost alot recently. The Captains are necessary, but I don't think either of them influenced it much. Not in the way that Langer did when he was Cap.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Whilst I agree there was too much emphasis on the Captains this year, on the face of it Azinger done a good job and was popular with the crowds / players and I think its a shame he won't be defending the trophy.

I don't know why there is this obsession of one Ryder Cup and out with the Captaincies?

As much as I didn't like the way he came across at Valhalla I might even be tempted to say let Nick have a go again in 2010 but no, it must be Woosie cos it's in Wales! bah!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
As much as I didn't like the way he came across at Valhalla I might even be tempted to say let Nick have a go again in 2010 but no, it must be Woosie cos it's in Wales! bah!

Jeez, after that opening speech I would rather Lyle took over than Faldo ever again.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hope Wossie gets it, I am also wanting to play it before the Ryder cup but have to seriously up my game before hand.

What you reckon of a forum day / night away Ryder cup style, North V South V West V East????

Suppose GM could tag along and provide some stash.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Seems like Corey Pavin's going to get the nod in the States. He'll need to wear platform boots if he's going to be seen by the crowd!

Olly is getting in some practice. He's taken over the Captaincy of the Seve Trophy team. Seems a shoe-in for me. He's not going to get back into the team as a player.