Augusta telly for non-Sky/Setanta subscribers?

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Would like to get my telly watching sorted for the upcoming competition but don't have access to the above via net or card.

Is it down to Aunty then? How many hours coverage can we expect and any tricks from the long time watchers about scheduling etc.?

bill

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Would like to get my telly watching sorted for the upcoming competition but don't have access to the above via net or card.

Is it down to Aunty then? How many hours coverage can we expect and any tricks from the long time watchers about scheduling etc.?

bill
The Masters is never on satellite, it's down to the Beeb as usual.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
brendy, can you pm (or post) on the sopcast route. tried downloading then all I seemed to get were previews for subscription channels. never did find the footie.
(I've since uninstalled it so will need to start from scratch.)

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Oh how I wish it was on my beloved sky-sports, 4 days of watching that smarmy prat lineker with his jug ears and patronising tone will make me want to consume copious amounts of magners to dull the pain.

Don't the combined broadcasting talents of Alliss and Brown compensate for the numpty that is Lineker?

Think the BBC will always be the choice for the Masters - don't they have some rule about advertising during the broadcast?

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As far as I recall - while the US goes to an ad break the UK cuts to the studio. (Cue one of our resident GM correspondants making a pair of rabbit ears behind Torrences' head through the glass)

Don't think the Beeb are permitted to rig their own cameras and cherry pickers so rely on franchised feeds from the US networks to piggyback on.

The powers at Augusta control the media with a fist of iron i'm told. Not surprising as it probably counts some of the top US media moguls amongst it's members.

Two hours a night for us it is then

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Viscount,
Download sopcast and either by using the available channels, hop through them, each channel takes a few secs to start after an initial ad screen or info screen,
or...
http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=golf websites like this show "test" broadcast tv guides so you can see what channel they are on then enter the channel. have a play with it, the controls will become more familiar.

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
I vaguely remember last year being able to access additional live golf coverage on the Beeb via the 'red button' interactive facility. Only thing is I can't remember whether it was the Masters I was watching or The British Open.

I fully share the sentiments above aimed at Mr Lineker. Quite possibly the worst presenter of golf i've ever seen. Bring back Steve Ryder, he is is 'da man' ;)

DHM.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
The red button interactive viewing was definitely available for the open, but I can't remmeber about the masters as I wasn't really interested in golf this time last year.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
According to the Beeb last night there is further coverage on the red button. The par 3 competition is also being shown on BBC interactive.