Astro turf

Sidsidgwick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good morning ladies and gents, looking at installing a home putting surface around 12 foot by 3 foot in my garden.

I’m not looking for professional quality but would like something that’s reasonably effective for myself and the kids to use.

Does anyone have any recommendations of companies/Astro they have used for a similar job.

Thanks in advance.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it isn’t level and flat or doesn’t stay that way it could become worthless.

If your confident you can keep it flat and smooth go ahead. Otherwise get someone in to do it and sleep easier.

Sidsidgwick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If it isn’t level and flat or doesn’t stay that way it could become worthless.

If your confident you can keep it flat and smooth go ahead. Otherwise get someone in to do it and sleep easier.

Thanks mate I have a company coming in to do the sculpting work and renovation of the garden so they will make sure it’s perfectly prepared but they have asked for specifics in terms of what I would like for the surface as that will be the only Astro as the rest will be turf...it’s this point I have no idea about, any advice greatly accepted!

Last edited:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks mate I have a company coming in to do the sculpting work and renovation of the garden so they will make sure it’s perfectly prepared but they have asked for specifics in terms of what I would like for the surface as that will be the only Astro as the rest will be turf...it’s this point I have no idea about, any advice greatly accepted!

I’m looking into a similar thing you see, but the Astro is going under a small climbing frame. I hope in the future to convert it to a putting green. Don’t really want it to go back to grass seed.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I am probably going to astro turf my garden as the grass never grows properly and its like a bog in the winter which isn't great with a dog!
not sure if i'll be allowed to have a chipping or putting area though

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I had my whole garden astroturfed. The grass I had in was awful, made worse by the dog doing his business on it.

We used Nomow, quite expensive but happy with the job. They put me a golf hole in too, I'd say it's slightly better than a temp green to putt on.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had my whole garden astroturfed. The grass I had in was awful, made worse by the dog doing his business on it.

We used Nomow, quite expensive but happy with the job. They put me a golf hole in too, I'd say it's slightly better than a temp green to putt on.

Where does your lovely dog poo now? At least with grass it would go into the ground. With astro it must stay on the surface.....uuurrrrggggg.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm having an area of my garden done in the near future by https://www.trulawn.co.uk. (Lawn replacement in one area first and then, once I've moved a shed, another area will become a putting green)

As well as "normal" artificial grass they also do a putting green quality product as well.

Their Pro-Putt product comes in at £37 a square metre plus £25 per sq. m fitting cost.....so your rough 4 sq m would set you back around £250