Arnold Palmer Invitational

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great round from Justin Rose, +4 after a few holes but now joint leader on -3. Tiger also -3 with a few others.

Feels like -5 or -6 will be leading after Day 1.

D

Deleted member 15344

Wee Rory's putting like a player - this could be interesting!

Gone to the same sort of putter that he used when winning the majors - been a good start from him with some really good saving par putts

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Already brewing up nicely. Rose did well. Woods a shot better and McIlroy making putts. Long may this carry on. McIlroy has always been streaky, especially on the greens and today is looking like a hotter week than of late

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought Rory was rubbish now? What's happening?

Also lovely to see Tiger shooting another good score. This season is shaping up very nicely.

D

Deleted member 15344

Stunning round from Stenson - brilliant putting

Excellent round as well from McIlroy especially his short game which was first class - Shame about the poor tee shot on the last

Great signs of a return to form

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I thought Rory was rubbish now? What's happening?

Also lovely to see Tiger shooting another good score. This season is shaping up very nicely.

Backside collapse at 18 from the "stongest" part of his game. Yip, Rory has work to do to rival the top 5 and Tiger.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Backside collapse at 18 from the "stongest" part of his game. Yip, Rory has work to do to rival the top 5 and Tiger.

So every time someone hits one OOB it’s a “backside collapse"? Was that what happened to Tiger when he hit it OOB on 6 (I think).

Good to see Rory find some form, same for Stenson, shows how quickly it can come and go.

D

Deleted member 15344

So every time someone hits one OOB it’s a “backside collapse"? Was that what happened to Tiger when he hit it OOB on 6 (I think).

Good to see Rory find some form, same for Stenson, shows how quickly it can come and go.
Exactly that - it was a poor tie shot and that was is

A few have suggested his short game and overall game is rank rotten well yesterday his short game was as good as anyone’s - putter very well , Iron play was very good just had a couple of poor tee shots. He isn’t very far away from clicking and then back to destroying fields in majors - would be great to see him Stenson and Rose have a ding dong battle for the win