Arnold Palmer Invitational

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When has Tiger ever had to find a fairway? His driving has always been rubbish, I think he just works on the theory that the tee shot is just to get the ball nearer the green, then he starts to play

True, but he was hitting a lot more of them when he was winning more and certainly was not often dead last! Like you say though, I think he just whacks it long and then works out the hole from wherever he ends up.

ptbbot

Visit site
Can't see anything other than a Tiger win tomorrow now. There was talk about players not being intimidated by him in the final group (some punditry on Sky etc.) - don't think so....

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
So come on those who said he still wasn't good enough to win a major after Torrey Pines, has he changed your mind yet?

Justin Roses cheeks where a lot Rose-ier after that meltdown. Was looking at him for the Masters but them greens will eat him alive on the short putts.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
who saw the lad last night take a driver off the fairway from almost 270 yards and stick it within 10 feet??!! it was awesome!! will try and find it online....

I was stood behind the 17th green at The Belfry in 2000 when Philip Price and Jose Maria Olazabal did it in the final round. Price 2 putted for birdie but Olazabal holed for an eagle and went on to win the tournament. Best golf shots I have ever seen. Especially under the pressure

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Awesome to see he believe's in him self again

If Rory ever stops prancing around and starts caring more about the result than the media and his famous girlfriend he will be as good as Tiger

Tiger Slam anyone

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Problem is that he's got just as big a monkey on his back as Westwood, Donald and Monte - he'll be nothing if he doesn't win another major in many people's eyes, and never 'be back'.

If he wins this he will have won 6 times in his last 22 starts on the pga tour and 3 of 5 this year. I'm assuming when people talk about being 'back' they mean dominating like he used to - I'd say this is dominating. It remains to be seen what happens in the majors but personally I'd say it was a matter of time.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If he wins this he will have won 6 times in his last 22 starts on the pga tour and 3 of 5 this year. I'm assuming when people talk about being 'back' they mean dominating like he used to - I'd say this is dominating. It remains to be seen what happens in the majors but personally I'd say it was a matter of time.

In many people's eyes this is the crux.
He has to do it in Majors to be able to be anywhere near back where he was in comparison to everyone else.

It would take a strong constitution to bet against him at the moment - as long as his putter keeps working...
You can get away with wayward driving if your putter helps you out. If Tiger's goes cold he could lose confidence and be in trouble...

Will be an interesting last round tonight and an interesting set of Majors...

Yer Maw

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm really impressed with Tiger's comeback and goes to show class stays with you and form comes and goes. Again he is just so consistent, and all the shocker rounds were him working hard at getting it back. His determination to be the best and how hard he works at it, and his clear determination, is what so many other wannabes need to take note of.
I'm pretty sure he is looking like getting back to his old ways, and if he closes today out (which he struggled to do over the last year) then the rest are starting to look like theyre being put firmly back in their place.
Who knows, maybe Rory will have decided to stop faffing about an reognise if he really wants it then he has a good role model to show him what it really takes to be the best. Rory is just so damned inconsistent compared to Tiger who didn't miss cuts in the past. Frustrating for us and Rory as we all want to see a proper ding dong battle between them the likes of which hasn't been seen for years.

Lanark_Golfer

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A stat that was shown on sky last night during the coverage was the fact that Tiger has won over 27% of PGA tournaments he has ever played in :eek:

A win average of better than 1 in 4 is quite simply amazing :thup:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
top of the putting stats for the 3 rounds and top of the leaderboard, says it all really.

I thought Tiger looked 10 years younger last night, physically. he had a strut on the greens and just seemed full of confidence.