Are your golf grips the same across your set?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Thinking of getting my irons regripped, wondering if it's common or uncommon to have different grips on your other clubs, hybrids, driver, wedges etc?

DCB

Visit site
I've gone for the same type on all my clubs other than the driver. Reason being if I adjusted the driver for any reason, the grip would be off centre. Other than that all other irons, wedges and hybrids are fitted the same.

Reactions: Val

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My irons 6-PW have the same grip but all the rest are mixed.

It is something to be careful about because different clubs may have different shafts with a different size butt.

Generally woods and rescues may be .62 or .60, irons and wedges may be .60 or .58 so if you fit all the same grips you may end up with different grip thicknesses.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yes, tour velvet ribbed on all clubs. You can order different thicknesses depending on the butt size of the shaft.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have different grips across mine. I got my irons re-gripped over the winter, blimey what a difference, as they had gone smooth. The driver and hybrids have different grips to those, no idea what type, but they have plenty of life left. My wedges were bought from my son when he upgraded and he had them re-gripped the same across the board. That means at least 3 different types.

The irons are mid sized grips, the others are standard. I've never really thought about it until this thread but I don't pick up on it out on the course so it obviously doesn't mess with my head.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not really. My irons were second hand and came with corded grips, so I left them on. For the others, they mostly came with standard Golf Pride grips so I've left them on as well. The only time I've ever changed a grip is if I bought a second hand club and it had a thicker than standard or an Align grip on, which I hate so I get it changed back to a standard Golf Pride.

I honestly don't care enough about the grips to match them all up, as long as it isn't too thick or feels weird I'm fine with it and don't notice.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine used to be

Golf pride tour velvet undersize

They are on all my clubs bar the driver and 4 wood

They are ping undersize logoless

This was due to lockdown and new clubs. I normally get them regripped straight away however nowhere was open so thought I'd do myself but I didn't want a logo as wasn't sure what loft I wanted to set the club's at yet so went logoless

Got two spare grips to get them on now I'm set on the loft but I'll wait until all the club's are ready to go

I should have I wanted tour velvet undersize but they don't make them in 360 logoless

So can never use them

Last edited:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Driver, Hybrids and Wedges all have their factory fit regular grips.

Irons 5-PW have mid-sized grips

I keep it pretty simple!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i have GP midsize multi compound on all my clubs - 2 of my wedges have the align version as they were on them when i bought them off fleabay

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
All mine are the same Tour Velvet midsize. I did have a JumboMax on my driver for a while but that has gone.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
All mine are the same but that is because I re-grip them myself so I tend to do them all at the same time. At the moment they are all Champ C8 golf grips which I picked up cheap and they're really good. Sadly Champ don't do them anymore.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All my irons are the same as I had them gripped at the same time. The rest all still have the original grips as, although none were bought new, they were all not that old when bought second hand.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
All are MCC aligns in standard width, bar my 56* and 60* wedges. Those are MCC standard, as with adjusting the openness of the face for various shouts the align strip is unlikely to be in the correct place. My driver and woods are adjusted for my swing so are unlikely to be adjusted further

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
All mine are the same but that is because I re-grip them myself so I tend to do them all at the same time. At the moment they are all Champ C8 golf grips which I picked up cheap and they're really good. Sadly Champ don't do them anymore.

I do all mine too. So I keep a few spares for when I get a new club, if its second hand, or can't be ordered with the correct grip.