Are you under par?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watching the golf and was seeing that some holes were playing under there par.

Are you personally under par on any of your hole on your course.

My best is 5.1 on our par 5 8th hole.
No where near on all the others.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Way under on three of the holes - pretty close on about six others.
At my old course, I was under par all-time over a 20-year span on about five of them.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How do you find this out? I am looking on HDID and can find general stats but not individual holes. I can see what my average is on all par 3's, 4's, 5's and I can see how often I am par or better on those (it's grim viewing sad to say), but I can not see this info for each hole.

D

Deleted member 21258

If I believe HDID (as I know several comps are not on there), its says No, its also covers all years.

Closest I get is :-

Par 3 7th and 17th is 3.3
Par 4 16th 4.2, then 4.4 on 5th & 11th
Par 5 9th 5.6, then 5.8 on 4th

Pretty grime

D

Deleted member 21258

How do you find this out? I am looking on HDID and can find general stats but not individual holes. I can see what my average is on all par 3's, 4's, 5's and I can see how often I am par or better on those (it's grim viewing sad to say), but I can not see this info for each hole.

Go to Statistics, then Hole by Hole and it shows the Average figures for each hole.

D

Deleted member 15717

5.0 is my closest on our Par5 13th.

5.1 on a couple of other par 5s.

My worst is 5.1 on our par 4 18th at 472 yards. Never birdied it in competition!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I shouldn't have done that o_O. So depressing, ridiculously depressing :cry:.

I’m taking comfort in the fact that at least my best ever scores on each hole would have me under par (just). Also that my average is only 3 over my current handicap. I’ll just ignore the worst.....🥴🥴

D

Deleted member 16999

Not sure on individual holes, but 3.6 on Par 3’s, 4.7 on Par 4’s and 5.5 on Par 5’s.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m taking comfort in the fact that at least my best ever scores on each hole would have me under par (just). Also that my average is only 3 over my current handicap. I’ll just ignore the worst.....🥴🥴
To be fari, it is actually quite a useful tool once you wipe the tears away. It shows on a number of holes that the addage about reducing your bad holes is very wise. For most I average just under 1 over par, fits with my h/c, but on certain holes I am over +1 by more than is comfortable, although never +2 thankfully. Perhaps I need to approach these particular holes differently in order to minimise the loss on the 'bad' holes. Certainly food for thought on certain holes.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm generally 0.5 over par, or worse on most holes. 3.92 on our par 4 14th which was surprising - didn't expect to be under on any of them.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be fari, it is actually quite a useful tool once you wipe the tears away. It shows on a number of holes that the addage about reducing your bad holes is very wise. For most I average just under 1 over par, fits with my h/c, but on certain holes I am over +1 by more than is comfortable, although never +2 thankfully. Perhaps I need to approach these particular holes differently in order to minimise the loss on the 'bad' holes. Certainly food for thought on certain holes.
Absolutely agree. Our 15th is a par 15 I play as a 3 shotter because it’s the ‘safe’ option despite that fact I can reach it.

Historically I average 5.7!!! Off of a 2 handicap.

So over the winter I worked on finding a shot and club that suits me for that hole. As I am leaving a shot on the table there.