Are you missing winter golf?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For the first time in years with the weather and ground conditions as they are, not being able to play golf due to restrictions isn't bothering me.
How about you?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I'm gutted, and I hate all these people from North of the Border who keep banging on about their latest round. Just wait until the Welsh start, life will be unbearable.

Other than that everything is fine.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
On reflection what's to miss? I'm putting on the carpet while watching the Euro tour between being on here and GolfWRX.

I did the painting this morning.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I genuinely don't think my course would have been open for a single day in January, nor so far in Feb. The weather has been so bad that it hasn't really been out there to miss.

Visit site
I genuinely don't think my course would have been open for a single day in January, nor so far in Feb. The weather has been so bad that it hasn't really been out there to miss.
Exactly the same for me Lord Tyron. We would not have been able to play on one single day in January, and no prospect of any play in February as far as I can see even without the lockdown.
Frustrating as sit is, I am not missing winter golf.

D

Deleted member 25172

With the weather I don't think the course would've been open many days, but I would've liked to go to the range on the weekends and hit a few balls before going into the clubhouse for a drink or two.

D

Deleted member 18588

What is there to miss?

Aside from a game at Christmas I don't play from 30 November until mid February at the earliest.

D

Deleted member 21258

Been a couple of lovely warmish February days this week, that golf would have fitted real nice into, dream golf for Feb.

Oh well another month or so to go.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For the first time in years with the weather and ground conditions as they are, not being able to play golf due to restrictions isn't bothering me.
How about you?

Totally agree.
I used to play in all weathers but we have been in lockdown for almost 7 weeks now and I haven't missed it. Maybe I'm getting old but the course was like a bog when we last played in the middle of December and it has rained on most days since then so I dread to think of what it is like now. However, if I was able to go and play a links course tomorrow I would probably jump at the chance.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’m missing the choice

It’s been very wet but course has done well

More rain coming but hopefully should be ok in a month

I don’t think I will be able to play in the Easter comps in Devon which is a shame

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For me it is not just about the golf it's about the banter.

There are only three reasons I do not play in winter under normal circumstances.

The course is closed (fairly rare where I play)
There is a buggy ban (but I normally at least get in the 8 holes that I can walk)
It's raining.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Im missing the range A LOT - I go 5 days a week when its open!

My course would have been closed due to snow twice and flooding for a day or two, but I still would have played every weekend it was open - so yes, whatever the weather or time of year, I miss golf!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm gutted, and I hate all these people from North of the Border who keep banging on about their latest round. Just wait until the Welsh start, life will be unbearable.

Other than that everything is fine.

Today is the first sign of a real thaw since before Christmas. Pity that we have an amber warning for heavy snow over the weekend.

liFnzLt.jpg

KvYGk9s.jpg