Are the Galvin Green Arn trousers worth the money?

Mr Fastidious

Hacker
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a new pair of water proof trousers and found the Galvin Green Arn Gore Tex C-Knit at £280 but are they that much better than the Galvin Green Alf gore tex at £155? or am i just paying for the latest fashion?

Thanks

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I love GG and most of my winter clothing in general is GG, but trouser wise I wear Benross, the reason being they have belt loops and a zip fly plus excellent length bottom zips to get in & out of them with shoes on if needed.

They've played in some horrendous weather conditions and have been superb, and are a fraction of the GG price, it's the only thing I mix TBH but if GG did belt loops and fly's also, I'd stay with GG for the lifetime guarantee and extra quality.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the Alf trousers.... best I’ve ever had out of FJ, Pro quip, Nike and UA. Comfort, not too baggy. Got them off here for £100....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I love GG and most of my winter clothing in general is GG, but trouser wise I wear Benross, the reason being they have belt loops and a zip fly plus excellent length bottom zips to get in & out of them with shoes on if needed.

They've played in some horrendous weather conditions and have been superb, and are a fraction of the GG price, it's the only thing I mix TBH but if GG did belt loops and fly's also, I'd stay with GG for the lifetime guarantee and extra quality.

i think one of the GG Troose has belt loops, I has two pairs one lined the other packlight and both have zip fly and a button as well a zip leg panels. the packlight even has a belt loop at the back

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
From GG in response to an email I sent

The trousers are designed to be worn on top of regular trousers such as Noah yes. However, some people do wear them without anything underneath. If you were looking to do this I would suggest the most comfortable next to the skin, in order, would be - Alf, Arn, Apollo

2 - Both Argon & Arrow are waterproof and fall into the same category. The reason for the different colour is actually due to the fact that Argon was a pre-order only product for our stockists so there was no back up stock for in-season deliveries. In terms of weight / warmth difference the Arrow is around 50% heavier than Argon as it has a thicker Mesh lining. The Argon has a much thinner lining so would not keep you as warm. In terms of performance the Argon would transport moisture away about 20% quicker than an Arrow jacket.

3 - We find the vast majority of people are the same size across all of the different categories of products we offer. The outerwear is made slightly bigger to accommodate for the layers underneath.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I have had a pair of Alf for 3 years and think they are great either as over trousers or in the winter when it is just damp and dewey with a pair of leggings underneath, very warm. Looking at the two options, on paper, I can't see the additional value in the Arn