Anyone doing cheap deals on Clicgears?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used my trolley for the first time at the weekend, it's a Big Max one which is alright but the umbrella holder is all wobbly since the whole thing got blown over in the wind a while ago, and it doesn't fold down very neatly. I've fancied a Clicgear one for a while but they're pretty expensive. Does anyone know if anyone's selling older models for cheap at the moment? I've seen Affordable Golf has the Rovic ones for £139 but I'm wondering if there's any cheap 3.5's or 3.0 now that 4.0 is out.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used my trolley for the first time at the weekend, it's a Big Max one which is alright but the umbrella holder is all wobbly since the whole thing got blown over in the wind a while ago, and it doesn't fold down very neatly. I've fancied a Clicgear one for a while but they're pretty expensive. Does anyone know if anyone's selling older models for cheap at the moment? I've seen Affordable Golf has the Rovic ones for £139 but I'm wondering if there's any cheap 3.5's or 3.0 now that 4.0 is out.

The Rovic one is built to the same high standard as the main models. Mine has been running for years now and is still as good as new. I very rarely see any deals on the main model range.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Rovic one is built to the same high standard as the main models. Mine has been running for years now and is still as good as new. I very rarely see any deals on the main model range.
Fair enough. Yeah I was wondering what the difference was really? Just a different design? Do the Rovic ones not fold as neatly as the 3.5 etc? They still look pretty neat on the photos.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was tempted by the ROVIC, just couldn't find one to touch and feel before buying.

Probably the boring answer but the 3.5+ are always popping up used on ebay, that's how I got mine.
I buy second hand clubs and stuff all the time on ebay, but I'm a bit wary of doing that with trolleys, because they often get a bit wobbly after a couple of year's use and you have no way of knowing really. :confused:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair enough. Yeah I was wondering what the difference was really? Just a different design? Do the Rovic ones not fold as neatly as the 3.5 etc? They still look pretty neat on the photos.

Yeah, folds up and fits in the front footwell of my car (do not have much of a boot). As with all clicgears, it take a few goes to get used to their folding mechanism but once you do it is easy.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clicgear...-/143643074147?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

There's barely any maintenance.
Any issues with the brake cable is a 5 minute job in a bike shop.

This one will probably go for around 100-110 judging by other sales.
Cheers, I did see that listing, whenever I've watched Clicgear auctions they go up and up though. :LOL:

Yeah, folds up and fits in the front footwell of my car (do not have much of a boot). As with all clicgears, it take a few goes to get used to their folding mechanism but once you do it is easy.
Cheers for that. I saw the folded dimensions online, and they were just as small as the Clicgear 3.5, and MUCH smaller than my current Big Max, which lives up to it's name.

I've just gone for the Rovic RV1C on Affordable golf for £139. Looks a nice design to me and pretty good price for new I think. I should be able to sell the Big Max on Ebay with any luck, to bring the overall cost down.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers, I did see that listing, whenever I've watched Clicgear auctions they go up and up though. :LOL:

Cheers for that. I saw the folded dimensions online, and they were just as small as the Clicgear 3.5, and MUCH smaller than my current Big Max, which lives up to it's name.

I've just gone for the Rovic RV1C on Affordable golf for £139. Looks a nice design to me and pretty good price for new I think. I should be able to sell the Big Max on Ebay with any luck, to bring the overall cost down.

Don't think you will be disappointed, it really is very solid and well made.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site

Orikoru, just wondered if you've managed to get out with the Rovic much lately, and if so what you make of it? I'm sorely tempted by a push trolley atm and the Rovic fits the price bracket I'd be happy to spend.

Other option is this Druid model https://druidsgolf.uk/collections/druids-golf-trolleys/products/compact-ez-carbon-trolley-black-grey but finding reviews of them is pretty hard going!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Orikoru, just wondered if you've managed to get out with the Rovic much lately, and if so what you make of it? I'm sorely tempted by a push trolley atm and the Rovic fits the price bracket I'd be happy to spend.

Other option is this Druid model https://druidsgolf.uk/collections/druids-golf-trolleys/products/compact-ez-carbon-trolley-black-grey but finding reviews of them is pretty hard going!
I bought an icart a couple of years ago and have not regretted it. It is very simple to put up and use.

https://www.affordablegolf.co.uk/icart-go-3-wheel-push-white-yellow-ms8ica002

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If anyone wants a 2nd hand Rovic and can collect from Chippenham I have one that can be had for £50. Nothing wrong with it in use but does take a good tug to get it put up but does the job on the course. Only getting rid as my good lady got me a Powakaddy for my birthday.
PM me if you are interested

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
If anyone wants a 2nd hand Rovic and can collect from Chippenham I have one that can be had for £50. Nothing wrong with it in use but does take a good tug to get it put up but does the job on the course. Only getting rid as my good lady got me a Powakaddy for my birthday.
PM me if you are interested
If you have an item for sale, can you post up in the for sale section including pictures then link it back here please and thankyouverymuch.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Yeah I love the Rovic, it's been just what I needed. After a few goes I've learnt how to get it up and down nice and quickly. The hand brake is much easier than the footbrake on my old trolley. It folds up really nice and neatly, takes up less room than any one I've had previously.

The only negative for me is that the standard umbrella holder that comes with it is a bit crap. It just has a loop of elastic that you sort of pull up over the umbrella holder and it holds it a bit loosely rather than tight. But you can upgrade to the better umbrella holder by ordering separately I think.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You just pull the elastic over the top before putting the umbrella in, then it's shorter so tighter.
You can also twist it to make it shorter and tighter.
Yeah, I figured that out and did twist it around before looping it up. It's still not quite as secure as the other kind where it has a screen to tighten it. It's probably good enough though for the few times I get caught in downpours.