Anyone been out in the sun???

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know its only Tuesday but i have played 36 holes already this week. Today and yesterday, the weather was almost summer like and we dicided to make two full days out of it.

Today we arrived at Vicars cross in Chester (i am looking to join) Started with a 25 balls on range. Then over to chipping green for 20 mins. Finished off with 10 mins putting and then played my most enjoyable game of golf to date! Monday was pretty much the same except the golf wasnt as good.

Tommorow i am playing again just to take advantage of the good weather.

I hope i have an even better day than today and hit as many greens and fairways. If i do, i will be satisfied going back to work, and will look forward to next week playing again.

Anyone else been out in the sun?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Lucky sod.

I played Saturday and it was like a Summer's day.I wasn in shirt sleeves by the 10th and then sat outside for a drink afterwards.

Had a lesson Sunday afternoon and even though it was only a chipping lesson I was sweating buckets. If this is global warming bring it on.

Roll on the weekend!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was out golfing in the sun up here not so long ago. 1986 it was. July 12th. About fifteen minutes of it round about 1 o'clock if I remember rightly.

Must have got up to 52 degrees. No joking.

I remember it cos' I've still got the tan marks round my watch. Phew. Wot a scorcher!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
i was in my polo top on the second and it didnt go back on all day. course was dead busy though! sun brought em all out. I cant wait for summer now

Lloydy84

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's half term, so im playing every day this week, played today, my teaching pro walked round the first 3 with me, there was nobody behind for a good hour, so he tought me all sorts of things about course management, shot choice, reading greens, bunker shots, chip and runs, different pitch shots ect. thankfully i didn't make an arse out of myself, i played well.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Was at Glenisla today, not a cloud in the sky. Played well and won 4&2 so all the better.

Likely to be heavy frost tomorrow so not holding out much hope of a game

ianmc

Club Champion
Visit site
yes out yesterday and today and today was glorious played really well too.striking the ball really well but putting is shocking 35 putts in a 77.ian mc ps also hoping to get out a couple more times this week as im off work

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
just looked out window and its looks like its gonna be another belter. Gonna give the sun time to clear the dew on the greens and will head out about 11 i think. Some chippin and puttin then another 18. Oh welcome to the good life!

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have played every day since Saturday we are on summer greens with forward tee's, shot 79 on saturday, 76 on sunday and a bloody 85 yesterday.

Weather up here has been fantastic for this time of year.