Any willing knowledgable helpers!

rogom3000

Visit site
A distance issue! I've just started playing again after a three year absence, unfortunately the course i'm now playing requires many shots around the 190-200 mark. I have a 5 iron which goes around 180-185 and a 7 wood which goes around 205-215. I need something to fill this yardage gap! I've looked at hybrids and apparently they travel further than their direct iron replacements. Hence should I go for a 5 iron replacement in the hope i'll hit it 10-15 yards further than my 5 iron? Or alternatively a 4 iron replacement? Thank you for your time!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Welcome!

Its very hard to tell is the honest answer. Your best option would be to to go and try the club you are considering on a launch monitor, hit it alongside the 2 clubs you have and make sure you find the easiest club to hit that fits in the middle of the gap

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It depends what irons you have.
If you look them up you'll find out what loft the 5 iron has then try a few hybrids from your local pro and see how far they go.
Failing that, try a 24-25deg hybrid for length

rogom3000

Visit site
Good suggestions guys! Will have a look at the loft of my Iron's and decide from there!
In addition to that, any suggested hybrids I could pick up for around £50.00 suitable for a 13 H/c?

Cheers!

D

Deleted Member 1156

With all due respect, you are a handicap golfer and you are talking about a 20 yard distance gap which is just over 1 club for most people. How often do you flush the ball and hit it a precise distance with a long club? I would suggest that you grip down an inch on your 7 wood when required.

Oh....and welcome! :thup: