Any thoughts on 20/20 cricket?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am not a fan of cricket, as it is a bit slow, and to wait for 5 days and not get a result I find a bit pointless.

However, 20/20 is cricket for people who don't like cricket. It is faster, more exciting, you get to see the bats men have a go, and you get a result in a reasonable time.

I quite like it, but can see that if you are a trditional cricket fan, you are going to hate it.

But isn't this what we played at school?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dont like cricket, dont like 20/20, but I love going to watch cricket! Its the biggest booze fest in the sun! Good times......

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's all the best bits about cricket - the huge hits, wickets and people taking chances forced into twenty overs.

I like it and if it means that cricket will get more television coverage and more money as a result of it, then even better.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not a massive cricket fan but used to play in school.

Love 20/20 cause this is really all you could play in school anyway.

Dont even mind the odd test match and have been the ashes twice.

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
Love cricket; love 20/20 but thought the $20m fixture was a farce and belittled the game - thought that BEFORE we wuz thrashed!

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cricket.... take it or leave it.
Used to like to play it but as for watching.... as HTL says it's a good excuse for an all day session

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I like 20/20 but I can see it killing the County game and possibly even test matches too.

Going off on a slight hi-jack but could Powerplay Golf overtake the traditional game in a few years time?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
too mundane really

I had this simple philosophy that any ball in the vicinity of the wicket and my bat was mine until I had given up. It wasn't my fault that the wicketkeeper stepped in to grab the ball and finished up with the ball sandwiched between his head and the bat.
I tended to score either 0's or 6's - not much in between. the culminating event occurred when I drove the ball straight back where it came from, breaking the bowlers leg en route to the boundary, rotten lot never even gave me the 4.

I never had this fuss when I played hockey . . . but then none of the local schools liked playing hockey against us.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
20/20 seems quite close to the version of the game I used to play at school many years ago.

Though can't say I'm keen on the pyjamas all these modern cricketers seem to wear these days. Whatever happened to the classic whites & logo'd jumpers etc. There is certainly room for colour, but no to the degree we have to suffer on the television these days.

I will also add Cricket is another game I'd rather play than watch usually.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love 20/20 even though it is basically pub cricket without the obligation for everyone to bowl 2 overs.

Problem is that they are now arranging too much 20/20 and I can see people getting bored of it.

Just like the game itself, it makes for an entertaining short thrash but basing most of a season on it will have adverse affects.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I understand that only four members of the Barmy Army went to watch 'England' play that match in the Caribean. Does that say anything?