Any plumbers on here ?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes, a 15mm compression stop.
You just need a 15mm compression joint to join the 2 together.But why do you need to reconnect it and to what?
Prev the 2 pipes were connected.. then the kitchen fitter asked it to be disconnected as they were going to put a new worktop and hob. So the plumber cut it and put a stop on it. The old pipe is in the background.
The kitchen guys are now delayed by another week, so I need the old hob (connected to the second pipe) to be brought back into play. Hence the need.

I think too much trouble, so the plumber has agreed to do a call out tomorrow and put them back together

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Prev the 2 pipes were connected.. then the kitchen fitter asked it to be disconnected as they were going to put a new worktop and hob. So the plumber cut it and put a stop on it. The old pipe is in the background.
The kitchen guys are now delayed by another week, so I need the old hob (connected to the second pipe) to be brought back into play. Hence the need.

I think too much trouble, so the plumber has agreed to do a call out tomorrow and put them back together
I would have just bought a single plug in induction hotplate as a temporary measure and used that, it is only for a week and you could have had next day delivery from Amazon for it.
Chances are, it would have been cheaper than paying the plumber to come back on a Saturday.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would have just bought a single plug in induction hotplate as a temporary measure and used that, it is only for a week and you could have had next day delivery from Amazon for it.
Chances are, it would have been cheaper than paying the plumber to come back on a Saturday.
induction plate now sitting proudly ......... less faff than plumber paul

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Using this thread since need a plumber answer and don’t want to start a new thread..

Our plumber has disconnected the gas under the kitchen hob since we r putting a new hob. The kitchen guys are now delayed so i need him to reconnect the pipe. Any idea what is this type of stop valve at the end of the copper pipe is called. There is a gas isolater further down the pipe

(The second pipe in the background is the one that needs to be connected where the end valve is.)
View attachment 54345

I would have thought that would come in the area that must be done by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

If your hob gas the same I would get them to fit a bayonet connector so you can disconnect/connect easily.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would have thought that would come in the area that must be done by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

If your hob gas the same I would get them to fit a bayonet connector so you can disconnect/connect easily.

Its not illegal for someone to play with their own gas system, you just aren't allowed to do it for money.
I also don't think youre allowed or supposed to put a bayonet and flexible hose on a gas hob either.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its not illegal for someone to play with their own gas system, you just aren't allowed to do it for money.
I also don't think youre allowed or supposed to put a bayonet and flexible hose on a gas hob either.
Having had a read up it seems appear to what the manufacturer decides but they are generally not recommended if it it did not come with one.

Leave you to decide for yourself over what needs a Gas Safe engineer and what does not.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well my plumber turned up on Sunday morning on his way to the shops… 10 min job for him.. put a valve and some V2.. £20 .. I could not have done this.
He will be back in a few days to remove all the pipes when the kitchen gets fully installed