Any plumbers on here ?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got a weeping joint on a rad , have tried tightening and ptfe tape but no luck, is there any sealant I can put around it until I can get a plumber in to look at it ?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rad refitted after bathroom refurb, leaking from top of the lower joint/nut, fitter came back after we first spotted leak around a month ago, resealed with ptfe paste ??

Can't come out til Friday so need a fix as its leaking below shut off valve.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not a fix but if you let the pressure out of the system it will stop / slow down the leak until the plumber comes.
Shouldn’t need the heating just yet.

D

Deleted member 1740

Rad refitted after bathroom refurb, leaking from top of the lower joint/nut, fitter came back after we first spotted leak around a month ago, resealed with ptfe paste ??

Can't come out til Friday so need a fix as its leaking below shut off valve.

I swear by this https://www.wolseley.co.uk/product/center-center-jet-blue-plus-500-g/

You could try this as a short term fix but I'd recommend changing those valves once they start leaking they dont stop. https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...2ahUKEwjPzr_r5snkAhWLVxUIHY8bDOgQ-K4BegQICBB3

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Still weeping this morning guess thats just gravity (rad is in downstairs bathroom).
Is it still ok to run the hot water off the boiler (its a combi) with no pressure ??

D

Deleted member 1740

Still weeping this morning guess thats just gravity (rad is in downstairs bathroom).
Is it still ok to run the hot water off the boiler (its a combi) with no pressure ??

Depends on the boiler, some will work off 0.5bar of pressure.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had to get someone out in the end, the person who’d fitted it had used twine to help seal so when it came off it’s no wonder it wouldn’t reseal

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Using this thread since need a plumber answer and don’t want to start a new thread..

Our plumber has disconnected the gas under the kitchen hob since we r putting a new hob. The kitchen guys are now delayed so i need him to reconnect the pipe. Any idea what is this type of stop valve at the end of the copper pipe is called. There is a gas isolater further down the pipe

(The second pipe in the background is the one that needs to be connected where the end valve is.)
24afd104-6778-44e9-b6ec-132b98a740da.jpeg

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, a 15mm compression stop.
You just need a 15mm compression joint to join the 2 together.But why do you need to reconnect it and to what?