Any Old School Golfers Here?

standrew

Head Pro
Visit site
So i seem to enjoy a lot of the old school golfing tips ive found. For whatever reason the videos from Jones and Snead etc have helped me the most. Of course everyone is different but I was wondering if there is any old school golfers here, i.e. been playing since the 60's/70's. If you got tuition at the time, is there any tips you can share?

The thing that Jones, Snead, Nicklaus etc share is a similar good sequence.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Funny you should mention that. I've played golf for 55 years & have just re read Snead's "The Education of a Golfer", very entertaining by the way, and read about he worked out for himself (he never had a lesson) how to cure a vicious hook. I've been troubled by the same thing &, would you believe, it did the trick. I think the old time golfers played on a way which is easier for ordinary folk to emulate. Some of Bobby Jones' tips are useful too.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
So i seem to enjoy a lot of the old school golfing tips ive found. For whatever reason the videos from Jones and Snead etc have helped me the most. Of course everyone is different but I was wondering if there is any old school golfers here, i.e. been playing since the 60's/70's. If you got tuition at the time, is there any tips you can share?

The thing that Jones, Snead, Nicklaus etc share is a similar good sequence.

I learned all my fundamentals from this book as a kid http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-G...sr=1-1&keywords=practical+golf+by+john+jacobs

never watched the video (didnt have that back in the day) but found this- book is excellent

[video=youtube_share;fmIO6c7Wt7E]http://youtu.be/fmIO6c7Wt7E[/video]

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
never watched the video (didnt have that back in the day) but found this- book is excellent

His "Play Better Golf" is a great little book, long out of print but lots on Ebay. I bought it when I realised I had no idea how to start the back swing. It did a lot for my game, although it's a bit two plane biased for some people, me included.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Are there any type of golfers apart from old school? ;)

whippersnappers
upstarts
idiots
snobs
handicap snobs
cheats
hilarious
fun
happy
sad
good
crap
struggling
moaning
fantastic
wizard
scratch
pro
beautiful
ugly
.......and finally
patient :rolleyes:

standrew

Head Pro
Visit site
well done:thup:- hard cover is the best. I'm going to look out my copy when I get home, brings back memories of long summer school holidays, jumpers for goalposts, marvellous;)

Orange jubilee cups, grazing your knees your mum makes sausage and mash and arranges it in a smiley face..

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
whippersnappers
upstarts
idiots
snobs
handicap snobs
cheats
hilarious
fun
happy
sad
good
crap
struggling
moaning
fantastic
wizard
scratch
pro
beautiful
ugly
.......and finally
patient :rolleyes:

But if you are old school then surely it does not exclude you from being most of the rest as well. Well apart from upstarts and whipper-snappers. And probably beautiful as well. ;)