Any Dunstanburgh or Hartlepool members on here?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
We’re thinking of a winter membership at one of these courses. is it easy to get booked in for Saturday tees over the winter. Not bothered if it has to be a comp.

thanks

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just heads up Hartlepool have 700 members so be tough getting a tee time. I was considering joining full member but that put me straight off. mind me and moogie played few weeks back, greens were slow but it is really good nick

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't think you would have a problem at Dunstanburgh. It's quite isolated so i don't think its membership is too high. It gets lots of visitors and societies but not big membership numbers.

It can be brutal in the winter, my Saturday pp had one winter there and packed it in, windchill plus it ate golf balls, but I'm guessing you have factored this in.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Just heads up Hartlepool have 700 members so be tough getting a tee time. I was considering joining full member but that put me straight off. mind me and moogie played few weeks back, greens were slow but it is really good nick
Yeah. Most places are at capacity now. Since lockdown everyone has seen it as the go to sport.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I wouldn't think you would have a problem at Dunstanburgh. It's quite isolated so i don't think its membership is too high. It gets lots of visitors and societies but not big membership numbers.

It can be brutal in the winter, my Saturday pp had one winter there and packed it in, windchill plus it ate golf balls, but I'm guessing you have factored this in.
Yep. We’ve played there quite a few times in the coldest of conditions.

Zig

Visit site
I've been a member at Hartlepool, and am now at Seaton Carew. Both have enjoyed big increases in members over the summer (Seaton have just 'paused' taking on any more till next committee meeting).

A mate of mine played Hartlepool last Saturday afternoon - booked on the same morning while I was with him. At Seaton, our comps are Saturday one week, Sunday the next - never have a problem getting on for non-comp day.

Enjoy wherever you end up joining!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

was staying up at High Newton over the weekend. Walked past the course around lunchtime yesterday and it looked very busy. I've never played it, so not familiar with the layout, but there seemed to be golfers everywhere!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
was staying up at High Newton over the weekend. Walked past the course around lunchtime yesterday and it looked very busy. I've never played it, so not familiar with the layout, but there seemed to be golfers everywhere!

I get the impression it's a bit like Sharpley, one of the "go to" courses when all the parkland courses are closed.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I get the impression it's a bit like Sharpley, one of the "go to" courses when all the parkland courses are closed.
Beezerk has nailed it there. If your place is closed or open but muddy then Dunstanburgh is the default course for lots around here. It is a bit like lemings going to Seahouses on a sunny saturday in summer :D

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I've been a member at Hartlepool, and am now at Seaton Carew. Both have enjoyed big increases in members over the summer (Seaton have just 'paused' taking on any more till next committee meeting).

A mate of mine played Hartlepool last Saturday afternoon - booked on the same morning while I was with him. At Seaton, our comps are Saturday one week, Sunday the next - never have a problem getting on for non-comp day.

Enjoy wherever you end up joining!
Useful thanks mate

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Our research today suggests we can get on there very quickly. I know what you mean though. There’s always been a steady flow of traffic when we’ve played but never had issues getting on.