Any clubs closed ?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
why don’t Scottish Golf follow suit as England Golf has following PM’s announcement and give a directive to close?
The EG notice only came out an hour or so ago.

Tweet from SG.

The message to all of us is clear, we must stay home and play our part in containing the spread of COVID-19. With this in mind, Scottish Golf asks that all golfers in Scotland refrain from golfing until further notice.

RangeMonkey

Visit site
I personally think it’s been a well balanced and proportional response, I think anything greater could have created more panic and hysteria, I’m sure BJ has been well briefed at all times and now is the right time to crank things up, almost a no win scenario for him, but I’m glad he’s at the helm and nobody from the front bench from the opposition, that simply doesn’t bare thinking about.

This what they want you to think.

The advice he has followed has been terrible. They are only taking measures now because of the massive wave of pressure from the scientific and medical communities outside of the government advisors.

All of this action is coming far, far too late. We are now well on the same road as Spain and Italy, whereas we could have been on the same road as Korea.

The government will have cost tens of thousands of lives before this is over.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The EG notice only came out an hour or so ago.

Tweet from SG.

The message to all of us is clear, we must stay home and play our part in containing the spread of COVID-19. With this in mind, Scottish Golf asks that all golfers in Scotland refrain from golfing until further notice.

but it ‘asks’, that’s not a directive, so if a course or courses stay open, they’ll be those that will play, until ‘told’ not to!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I personally think it’s been a well balanced and proportional response, I think anything greater could have created more panic and hysteria, I’m sure BJ has been well briefed at all times and now is the right time to crank things up, almost a no win scenario for him, but I’m glad he’s at the helm and nobody from the front bench from the opposition, that simply doesn’t bare thinking about.

I'm referring to English Golf and Scottish Golf, not politicians. Golf should have been locked down two weeks ago. Instead we had people all over the country traveling to golf courses, we had irresponsible companies holding large scale Texas Scramble's in Scotland, encouraging people to travel together, play golf together and all play shots from a confined area after selecting the best shot.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
This what they want you to think.

The advice he has followed has been terrible. They are only taking measures now because of the massive wave of pressure from the scientific and medical communities outside of the government advisors.

All of this action is coming far, far too late. We are now well on the same road as Spain and Italy, whereas we could have been on the same road as Korea.

The government will have cost tens of thousands of lives before this is over.

talk about over the top, ‘tens of thousands’, Spain & Italy combined haven’t reached 10k, and what’s there combined population in regards to ours!!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm referring to English Golf and Scottish Golf, not politicians. Golf should have been locked down two weeks ago. Instead we had people all over the country traveling to golf courses, we had irresponsible companies holding large scale Texas Scramble's in Scotland, encouraging people to travel together, play golf together and all play shots from a confined area after selecting the best shot.

obviously some haven’t played ball very well, but I travelled to Woodhall Spa alone, met 3 friends there, there were strict guidelines in place at the club which were adhered to, on & off the course, so hundreds of people got some decent exercise and fresh air without causing any harm. if things are managed correctly, then things can carry on longer into a situation.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Firstly, I wish to thank all those Members who have renewed their membership subscriptions for the year 1st April 2020 - 31st March 2021, your support is so greatly appreciated.

Please note the following:

In the event that the Golf Course is forced to close, rest assured for the length of time the course is closed, you will be credited for this for the year 2021/22 subscription in the form of a discount, provided that your fees have been paid by 1st April 2020If you would like to pay monthly by Direct Debit, we offer this via Premium Credit; subscriptions are paid over 10 months (Apr - Jan) and there is a surcharge of 6.75% - do contact me if you wish to take out this option; if you already pay by this method, this will start up again in April provided you have not cancelled your agreementIf you are in the group of people who are considered to be at the highest risk, who will this week be receiving the NHS letter informing you to self-isolate for at least 12 weeks, you too will receive at least 12 weeks discount on next year's subscription, provided, as stated above, your subscription has already been paidIf the golf course does close, the only methods of payment are internet banking or by posting a cheque, as the pro's shop will also be closed; until then, other payment methods are listed on the renewal form

As you are aware, this is a fast-paced situation with daily developments, and we will be keeping you informed via emails, our website & social media for any important announcements which we may make.

I just wanted to express our sincere, heart-felt thanks to all our Members who continue to support Norwood Park Golf -

we have been overwhelmed by the kindness & messages of support so far

Above is an email sent out from our club

Bottom line is the course is now closed. So in effect for the next 3 and maybe more we will be credited for next season..personally I think it's a grand gesture.
Have any other clubs come forward with any ideas and responses.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My club is proposing this, Tashy ...
  • Monthly subscriptions continue to be paid at the existing level
  • Upon re-opening of the business, which will be subject to government advice, the club will refund all membership fees incurred during closure pro-rata over the subsequent 12 months.
  • 20% of your annual membership fees will be placed on your club e-wallet upon re-opening.
  • Membership price freeze until 1st June 2022 for all members under this option.

Fugee

Visit site
I'm in the Netherlands and all sports clubs and been closed since (I believe) 12th of March until at least 6th April. That also includes golf clubs.

Yesterday, the closure was extended to 1st June.

I hope not being able to play golf is the biggest problem I have as a result of this crisis.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
All Crown courses will be closed until further notice. I spoke to the GM at Pyrford last night. It is in response to the Government's actions which were totally justified. We had been able to play over the weekend with responsible social distancing. Unfortunately some morons in the country are totally incapable of doing that and we now pay the price as well.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
See St Andrews has closed all there courses, (rightly so), was supposed to be playing the New and Old in a couple of weeks, hopefully will just be a reschedule job, can’t be helped with current circumstances.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
looks like thats it for golf for the foresseable future, god knows what i' going to do with myself for the next few months, on Gardening leave from next week

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Michael Gove telling BBC that golf is not an acceptable form of exercise in the current climate in an interview this morning.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Firstly, I wish to thank all those Members who have renewed their membership subscriptions for the year 1st April 2020 - 31st March 2021, your support is so greatly appreciated.

Please note the following:

In the event that the Golf Course is forced to close, rest assured for the length of time the course is closed, you will be credited for this for the year 2021/22 subscription in the form of a discount, provided that your fees have been paid by 1st April 2020If you would like to pay monthly by Direct Debit, we offer this via Premium Credit; subscriptions are paid over 10 months (Apr - Jan) and there is a surcharge of 6.75% - do contact me if you wish to take out this option; if you already pay by this method, this will start up again in April provided you have not cancelled your agreementIf you are in the group of people who are considered to be at the highest risk, who will this week be receiving the NHS letter informing you to self-isolate for at least 12 weeks, you too will receive at least 12 weeks discount on next year's subscription, provided, as stated above, your subscription has already been paidIf the golf course does close, the only methods of payment are internet banking or by posting a cheque, as the pro's shop will also be closed; until then, other payment methods are listed on the renewal form

As you are aware, this is a fast-paced situation with daily developments, and we will be keeping you informed via emails, our website & social media for any important announcements which we may make.

I just wanted to express our sincere, heart-felt thanks to all our Members who continue to support Norwood Park Golf -

we have been overwhelmed by the kindness & messages of support so far

Above is an email sent out from our club

Bottom line is the course is now closed. So in effect for the next 3 and maybe more we will be credited for next season..personally I think it's a grand gesture.
Have any other clubs come forward with any ideas and responses.

Our year end is also 31st March, and subs letters arrived a couple of weeks ago. We haven't received any response yet, but last night's email closing the course did say that updates will follow. We're in decent shape financially, but the projections for this are unknown. Your club is doing the right thing, and I hope that we will also see members being offered an incentive to show their loyalty by renewing early with the guarantee of credit for time when the course is closed due to the virus.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Ellesborough closure was waiting for me when I got up.
Since had another email outlining possible directions in the coming months with more to be circulated when they have more to tell us.

Nothing from the Zoo yet...