Any clubs closed ?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Is it a choice for me given I'm self employed and work alone, or do I have to shut down earning no money with no means of any income ?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Just received an email from the club to say clubhouse and pro shop fully closed though they will update on course status in the near future. I take it they are going to keep it open for play unless they are told they arnt allowed to which I think is probably the right thing to do

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just received from England Golf

Following on from the Prime Minister’s statement tonight (23 March), golf clubs and golf courses in England must now close.

It is England Golf’s position that this deeply regrettable, but highly necessary and responsible course of action must be implemented with immediate effect and be maintained until further notice.

The government has identified an urgent need to introduce new restrictions on public life and on non-essential businesses opening their doors.​

The government has identified an urgent need to introduce new restrictions on public life and on non-essential businesses opening their doors.

This has been done to limit the spread of the coronavirus and relieve the growing pressure on our National Health Service.

Keeping golf courses open is simply no longer compatible with the updated policy of government which is designed to save lives in a time of national emergency.

The health and wellbeing of the nation is the only consideration that matters at this moment in our history.

These are incredibly testing times for the country. The golf industry cannot be shielded from the economic and social ramifications caused by this temporary shutdown of normal life.

We would like to assure the golfing community that England Golf staff will continue to work remotely with all affiliated golfers, clubs and counties to try and minimise the damage caused by this suspension of regular golf club life.

We will continue to signpost clubs and counties to the latest government advice and schemes designed to help the economy cope with the disruption caused by coronavirus.

Last edited:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Just received an email from the club to say clubhouse and pro shop fully closed though they will update on course status in the near future. I take it they are going to keep it open for play unless they are told they arnt allowed to which I think is probably the right thing to do

Scottish Golf asking all to refrain from golfing and stay at home. Clubs WILL follow suit.

We've thankfully been very sensible and closed.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Scottish Golf asking all to refrain from golfing and stay at home. Clubs WILL follow suit.

We've thankfully been very sensible and closed.

why don’t Scottish Golf follow suit as England Golf has following PM’s announcement and give a directive to close?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
why don’t Scottish Golf follow suit as England Golf has following PM’s announcement and give a directive to close?

I'm more inclined to ask why didn't both insist on no play and closures two weeks ago.

Their delay and lack of direct leadership could very easily have increased the spread/circulation of the Covid 19 virus.

Tragic.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Yet repeatedly get elected, go figure.
I'll tell you why and the answer isnt great, it's a real problem. Most of Scotland was traditionally Labour, many of the seats are around the central belt and Glasgow areas which were strong labour areas and lots of these areas are unfortunately deprived with poor education rates. The SNP when they came along almost didn't have to do anything to get these votes, most of these voters vote SNP because of the name and thats it. It's a protest vote, almost all of the ex-labour voters would never vote Tory, the Tory's have a terrible name in most of Scotland. And the SNP because they are literally the only Scottish party on the ballot paper have the easiest time of their lives. The only way to kill the SNP is to defeat them in another referendum then inject huge amounts of money into promoting labour or a new version of it

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm more inclined to ask why didn't both insist on no play and closures two weeks ago.

Their delay and lack of direct leadership could very easily have increased the spread/circulation of the Covid 19 virus.

Tragic.

I personally think it’s been a well balanced and proportional response, I think anything greater could have created more panic and hysteria, I’m sure BJ has been well briefed at all times and now is the right time to crank things up, almost a no win scenario for him, but I’m glad he’s at the helm and nobody from the front bench from the opposition, that simply doesn’t bare thinking about.