Any clubs closed ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
just had the email from the club, locker rooms and pro shop shutting at Nairn until further notice.

in the email the club Captain had to highlight then you shouldn't shake hands on the 18th and not touch the flag, afterseeing some old boy doing this today..

If they close the locker rooms at our club that will probably mean a closure of the course. We always shut when there are no toilet facilities available eg New Years Day.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Starting to see posts on social media about course closures as the club cannot enforce social distancing and members are not complying

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got an email to say that comps over the next few weeks, with some modifications, are still going ahead including the knockouts. Pro shop open, but no more than two in the shop at any one time. To prevent queues on the tee we now have to call the pro shop to book a time (max groups of 3).

Can’t see this lasting for long though.

Anyone seen the Crossfield video. He’s ignoring the flag and aiming for the centre of the green and then putting to his PuttOut to ensure no cross contamination.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
We've done the same. Unsurprisingly those at home and with access to emails and the system have blocked booked all the Saturday and Sunday slots so I can't get a time or anyone to play with

Don’t worry, I think we might be locked down by then or our movements heavily restricted.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Don’t worry, I think we might be locked down by then or our movements heavily restricted.

I agree. Take it going out on your own for a knock even if the club shuts has gone out the window too. Think we'll all be crap when we next go out if it's 4-6 months before hitting a ball in anger. We can only hope tonight

D

Deleted member 17920

And it happens from tonight.

All golf courses will have to shut for the foreseeable future

D

Deleted member 21258

Club employees(office/clubhouse), should be put on 'leave' immediately and paid 80%, this can then be claimed from HMRC. So those costs will be saved and reclaimed.

An element of the greenkeepers will need to work to ensure greens are keep upto a standard and be paid. Along with lots of other fixed costs.

Potentially could get a loan under the new scheme from the 'government/british business bank'

should help but going to be tough on some courses and pretty sure this will mean some clubs are going to go bust.

Sad days.

Springveldt

Visit site
Club employees(office/clubhouse), should be put on 'leave' immediately and paid 80%, this can then be claimed from HMRC. So those costs will be saved and reclaimed.

An element of the greenkeepers will need to work to ensure greens are keep upto a standard and be paid. Along with lots of other fixed costs.

Potentially could get a loan under the new scheme from the 'government/british business bank'

should help but going to be tough on some courses and pretty sure this will mean some clubs are going to go bust.

Sad days.
Can’t see a green keeper being classed as an essential worker. Wouldn’t be surprised if nature is allowed to run it course for the next month or so on the courses.

D

Deleted member 21258

Can’t see a green keeper being classed as an essential worker. Wouldn’t be surprised if nature is allowed to run it course for the next month or so on the courses.

Bit early to say until the detailed guidance issued, but he didnt say what you say above:unsure:, he said :-

travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home

From his quote, dont see why greenkeepers wouldn't be allowed to look after the greens for instance, as that ticks all the boxes.

But anyway will need the detailed guidance to know for certain...

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Two courses not far from me have been quick to update on social media - closed. I guess every single club in the UK will be following that line.

I was hoping that the 'daily exercise allowance' could include a round of golf :D

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Bit early to say until the detailed guidance issued, but he didnt say what you say above:unsure:, he said :-

From his quote, dont see why greenkeepers wouldn't be allowed to look after the greens for instance, as that ticks all the boxes.

But anyway will need the detailed guidance to know for certain...
I'd definitely say the greens and tees could be classed as an essential part of a clubs business which if not maintained would impact negatively on the club so I'd be surprised if greens staff wernt allowed to at least carry out the essential basics