Any clubs closed ?

D

Deleted member 17920

We are a group of 24. Normally meet up for breakfast and do the draw.

Draw done last night. Tee times sent out on WhatsApp

Worked perfectly today. No one hung around in a group.

Most turned up a few mins before tee time and I left straight after playing.

If we had to do that for months we would be fine.

Got a feeling it’s all going to ruined by the tossers that decided to go to national parks and the coast like it was a bank holiday.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
We are a group of 24. Normally meet up for breakfast and do the draw.

Draw done last night. Tee times sent out on WhatsApp

Worked perfectly today. No one hung around in a group.

Most turned up a few mins before tee time and I left straight after playing.

If we had to do that for months we would be fine.

Got a feeling it’s all going to ruined by the tossers that decided to go to national parks and the coast like it was a bank holiday.
I can certainly see small gatherings being banned. As long as swindles are wise they should be able to work around that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday's roll up group worked brilliantly. Park, rock up, come to me one by one to pay the £2 entry (I had gloved hands) and then off to the putting green. Going to give each person a group number as they arrive next week randomly drawn (using playing cards) so they will know what order they are going out in without having to stand around in a group on the putting green.
Would it not make more sense to draw the order the day before? If people are hanging around then they will inevitably group together, get closer than they should. I know many seem to be very anti booking times but at the moment there is real sense to it. You know your time, turn up just before, go straight to the first tee, have 5-10 mins of the putting green or whatever you do. It surely reduces the time hanging around with the potential that brings.

D

Deleted member 17920

I can certainly see small gatherings being banned. As long as swindles are wise they should be able to work around that.
well it worked perfectly for us today.

Just no group piss taking that was a shame.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would it not make more sense to draw the order the day before? If people are hanging around then they will inevitably group together, get closer than they should. I know many seem to be very anti booking times but at the moment there is real sense to it. You know your time, turn up just before, go straight to the first tee, have 5-10 mins of the putting green or whatever you do. It surely reduces the time hanging around with the potential that brings.

This

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, I am very anti tee booking but at the moment it makes sense. Really spread the tee times out to ensure minimum amount of people around the first tee at one time and to keep space between groups on the course. Perhaps even limit it so as you can only play every other day so as everyone gets a round at the weekend

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
All courses are closed (and mandated to do so by the Gov) Only essential businesses or those with special permits can operate and golf clubs/courses are well down that list

Diamond

Visit site
All golf courses should be closed in my opinion. The difference of opinion for social distancing on this thread alone proves that.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
All courses are closed (and mandated to do so by the Gov) Only essential businesses or those with special permits can operate and golf clubs/courses are well down that list
I'm assuming you're not in the UK? Golf courses near me are open, for the moment at least...

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

Only a matter of time IMO.

20m rule is fine but issues of cross contamination (which is something I think @pauldj42 continues to ask about) not even getting a mention apart from the "wash you hands" message which is obviously effective up to a point. Glad of my 2 years cross posting to our CRBN regiment now, where did I hide all that gear :D

Last edited:

Diamond

Visit site
I can only see golf being stopped if there is a full lock down.
Surely, taking sensible precautions, golf is a lot less risky than going to the supermarket?
The 4 ball in front of me yesterday were in close proximity and not adhering to the guidelines. Golf lasts 3-4 hours those same golfers enter a club competition and play with different people again. Which part of social distancing do they not get? 1 person per tee across the whole country is the only way you can keep to the rules the government set out (unless all players same household - Father and Son, Husband and Wife). They are still playing comps at my club, shotgun start at the weekend...

Fugee

Visit site
I'm assuming you're not in the UK? Golf courses near me are open, for the moment at least...
Hi. o/

I've just joined looking for human contact from like-minded people.

I'm in the Netherlands and all sports clubs and been closed since (I believe) 12th of March until at least 6th April. That also includes golf clubs.

I walked around the perimeter of my club at the weekend and it is still being maintained.

I'm starting to realize how much golf I play.