Any clubs closed ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hi. o/

I've just joined looking for human contact from like-minded people.

I'm in the Netherlands and all sports clubs and been closed since (I believe) 12th of March until at least 6th April. That also includes golf clubs.

I walked around the perimeter of my club at the weekend and it is still being maintained.

I'm starting to realize how much golf I play.
Welcome Fugee
You take care over there...
Come on in and chat as much as you like.(y)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi. o/

I'm in the Netherlands and all sports clubs and been closed since (I believe) 12th of March until at least 6th April. That also includes golf clubs.

I walked around the perimeter of my club at the weekend and it is still being maintained.

Welcome aboard. How popular is golf in the Netherlands?

Diamond

Visit site
Hi. o/

I can imagine with land being a premium in the Netherlands private club membership is going to be expensive.

Fugee

Visit site
Welcome aboard. How popular is golf in the Netherlands?
I live just south of Eindhoven. Here, it's still regarded very much as a sport that is only for the wealthy, unfortunately. Have a friend nearer Amsterdam and the demographic there seems to be a bit different. I'm 51 and am regarded as a young golfer.

Fugee

Visit site
Would be quite an ident on the greens in winter :D. Enough cheap gags, can you have enough :unsure:, I'm due to go on holiday there this summer :cool:

Where are you going? if you can. On the coast? There are some great courses along the coast.

Last edited:

Fugee

Visit site
I can imagine with land being a premium in the Netherlands private club membership is going to be expensive.

I don't know what you pay in the UK nowadays. I pay € 1,300 a year. I was recently paying € 1,000 for a better course (IMO) but a much worse club to be a member of.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Where are you going? if you can. On the coast? There are some great courses along the coast.
I am staying at Leiden. It looks lovely and we should be able to catch the train from there to a lot of good places so it seems a good base. No golf on this trip I am afraid, one for the future perhaps.

Fugee

Visit site
Though suprisingly comfortable.

When I was boy my parents brought my brother and I a pair each back from Holland. We wore them a fair bit esp around the house and garden… until we outgrew them

I'm a Brit and have been here 27 years. I'm on my second pair for working in the garden. I worked with a man once who told me he'd only not worn clogs on one day - the day he got married. I also know a woman who grew up on a farm. Her father had a special pair he only worn as his sunday best.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
Honestly, and I know I am of a more extreme point of view, but I do not think that there is room for any organised groups of golfers. Yes turn up, play your round in your group and leave. As soon as you involve organising groups, scores, money, people on the putting green, people in practice nets, checking scores handing out prize money then there are too many risk points. Competition golf was deemed too risky and was cancelled so it is ok to arrange your own competition. Yes that is me being grumpy about the whole thing but there are so many risks. People were given the chance ostensibly to get out in the flesh air and too many people want to just carry on like nothing is happening. Me, I went yesterday but not again for a while. Went for a long walk in the middle of nowhere with my wife instead

Agree 100%. Happy that I can get out to play with a friend socially for now. The idea of 'roll-ups' just feels like cheating the opportunities we're still been given - a bit like all those heading up Snowdonia

D

Deleted member 21258

One of the courses is going members only(no visitors) and no 4 balls allowed(unless mixed, to split number of people of tees). totally understandable.

Cant be long until courses closed completely, and in the scheme of things it is not important.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
just had the email from the club, locker rooms and pro shop shutting at Nairn until further notice.

in the email the club Captain had to highlight then you shouldn't shake hands on the 18th and not touch the flag, afterseeing some old boy doing this today..

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Email rant from the manager yesterday about players not social distancing despite that several groups were not doing it today. If it continues that way I can see the course being closed.