Another Swing video

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm having a slow sleepless night, and preparing to show myself up with my woeful putting at Princes this Saturday so why not upload a Video of my swing to be ridiculed by others as well

Feel free to pull apart, offer advice and generally ridicule as well. Its work in progress and slow work at that.

(Think you have to watch it full screen to get it to show)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYepBfz0n0g&feature=plcp

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Dead straight ballflight? that'll certainly work round Princes!!!

Enjoy it.. I hope it's not too windy as it's a goddam nightmare if it is :mad:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
P

Looking forward to it as t'll be my first foray into links golf.

It was mine too - and I fell in love with both links golf and the wonderful desolation of that area! My intro was on a sunny evening though!

As for the swing..you seem to cock your wrists really late - if at all! Straight shot will work though, just make sure you don't get lost amongst the dunes!

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was mine too - and I fell in love with both links golf and the wonderful desolation of that area! My intro was on a sunny evening though!

As for the swing..you seem to cock your wrists really late - if at all! Straight shot will work though, just make sure you don't get lost amongst the dunes!

The wrist set is the next step for me , I've been told by the guy I had lessons with originally I have a late setting as well. I'm trying now to hold that longer in the down swing to create more lag. Though as you see in the video not got the hang of it yet, but plenty more cold dark months to work on it.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
doh, that will teach me to read sigs lol. great swing though. Mine will be going up next week so you have nowt to worry about as compared to you I look like a whirling dervish :D

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
doh, that will teach me to read sigs lol. great swing though. Mine will be going up next week so you have nowt to worry about as compared to you I look like a whirling dervish :D

Anfd they don't like it up'em Mr Mainerring (never convinced by the Mainwairing spelling in dads army)

A

Alex1975

Nice swing! It looks really casual right before you make your first move and then it gets really nice and athletic. You seem to straighten your right leg for a moment though. Yep, just watched it a few more times, its lovely. Do you feel like you could swing faster?

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice swing! It looks really casual right before you make your first move and then it gets really nice and athletic. You seem to straighten your right leg for a moment though. Yep, just watched it a few more times, its lovely. Do you feel like you could swing faster?

I feel like if I need to speed it up to give it a bit more I can, but generally I like to swing within myself and maintain a smooth tempo where possible

Good controlled swing. Very Paul Casey finish! Perhaps put up a vid of you putting... ;)

Nows thats ridicule I couln't take, if you want to see it then i'm sure youtube has videos of orang-utans swinging rattle snakes somewhere, that'd be a close likeness:confused:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The wrist set is the next step for me , I've been told by the guy I had lessons with originally I have a late setting as well. I'm trying now to hold that longer in the down swing to create more lag. Though as you see in the video not got the hang of it yet, but plenty more cold dark months to work on it.

Hope Princes went well. Seems better weather than the last couple of days.

If you want a suggestion about cocking/setting the wrist.....

From the halfway back stage, or maybe a tiny bit before, try to get the feeling that you are pushing the lower part of the left hand (the soft part opposite the thumb/below the little finger) as far away from you as possible. Once you have that feeling, just soften it slightly so it's not over-rigid/tension-filled. That should get the wrist-cock happening pretty much perfectly.

I wouldn't get obsessed with lag though. As long as there's some zip through the impact zone it's better to improve rhythm imo. Lag can always be 'manufactured' by using a softer/different profile shaft - if the ego allows it! And I'm pretty sure that getting the wrist cock correct on the back-swing will encourage a good amount of lag on the down-swing.

Last edited:
A

Alex1975

Yep, you have a lovely rhythm and clearly the ball tells the full story. I only asked as it was so smooth and I am quite and aggressive swinger. What is your bad shot out of interest?