Another rule question - sorry!

barrybridges

Head Pro
fairwaytogo.wordpress.com
Sorry for posting so many odd questions today but this is another interesting one that came up during my round on Saturday. Bit more random than the last one (I meant to post this question before the other actually).

My playing partner and I teed off on the first into the sun. It was so bright that neither of us could see where our balls went, although they both sounded pretty neat. We were paying attention, but the sun was dazzling.

In this situation, given it was a relaxed round, we both played provisionals from the tee just in case our first shots had actually gone astray, before heading off to look.

What should we have done if this were a competition?

Incidentally we both found our balls in the middle of the fairway (over a bit of a dip) about 5 feet from each other.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nothing wrong with provisionals fella, speeds up play lessening the chance of the walk of shame back to the teebox if it was a stroke comp. If it was stableford, hit the provisionals, if they dont turn up either, skip onto the next teebox, break a club or two with a few choice words and continue.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Try not to hit too many provisionals,which you must state before hitting, after driving down the middle of the fairway. :D

barrybridges

Head Pro
fairwaytogo.wordpress.com
They were both beautiful drives! :)

It was more that we didn't want to walk 200 yards and then have to walk all the way back. The sun was blinding us at the start but sods law it then went in shortly after and got cold!