Another One Looking for Car Advice

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems like a few people are looking for car advice today so thought I would join in the fun.

Completing on the sale of my house at the end of September and as I am downsizing I am also looking at changing my car.

My wife has the sensible car as it is a company one (VW) so lucky me can have something a bit more fun. Looking to go back to having a soft top as I used to lover my MX5 but looking for something a bit bigger (those who have met me will appreciate that I needed a shoehorn to get into the Mazda) and ideally something that will take a set of clubs either in the boot or on the 'back seat' (which I appreciate are seats only in name on most of these cars). Sort of thing that am looking at are Saab 93, Audi, maybe and astra twintop or at a real push a focus convertible but have heard that they have leak problems. Not looking at a new one so any thoughts or advice would help (especially as I have no mechanical knowledge at all)

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im not a saab fan. They have that quirky appeal but they fail to deliver any real excitement.

You've never been in a HOT one then. Volvo T5'esk quick.

How about of top of the range Z3 or even a lower spec Z4. Might even be able to find a decent spec E46 M3 for the same monies. All rwd like any weekend toy should be

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Ive owned a 9-5 aero-hot thing with big BHP.

They have a bit of poke yes but power alone doesnt excite me. I want precise and sharp handling, a feeling of speed, sliding the arse end out and smoking the rear wheels, not like being in a grandads car with big power.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive owned a 9-5 aero-hot thing with big BHP.

They have a bit of poke yes but power alone doesnt excite me. I want precise and sharp handling, a feeling of speed, sliding the arse end out and smoking the rear wheels, not like being in a grandads car with big power.

But how often do you get the chance to get the arse end out. I'd rather be able to lose the bald headed oakley wearing sales rep off my arse.

If I had £10k to spend it'd be on a E39 M5. BMW should of stopped making cars after that... they are never going to make anything as nice