Another course closing

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Only played there once! Had a late twilight ticket and it started getting dark when we were on 9th/10th. No-one told us that we would be at the furthest point of the course from the club house at that point. Trying to find our way back in the pitch dark was an adventure!

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not too far away, yes. AL went a good few years ago now.

From a quick look on the map, they are either side of the A225, a little over a mile apart. Although the entrance to Lullingstone is the other side of the M25, so a 6 mile drive!

Anyway, that's enough irrelevant rubbish from me. A shame to see it go.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a few happy times there - althought the side-slope on some fairways was truly horrendous.

The only spark of hope is that Lullingstone is/was a Council owned course - and that Senecio was the company managing leisure services for Sevenoaks Council. Hopefully the Council will be able to get in a new operator to run their services - including Lullingstone - for them

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a few happy times there - althought the side-slope on some fairways was truly horrendous.

The only spark of hope is that Lullingstone is/was a Council owned course - and that Senecio was the company managing leisure services for Sevenoaks Council. Hopefully the Council will be able to get in a new operator to run their services - including Lullingstone - for them

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Brilliant. Mini-forum meet when they're up and running?
Note: it's not worth more than a 45 minute drive, so don't all get too excited. It's no Cooden Beach!

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Brilliant. Mini-forum meet when they're up and running?
Note: it's not worth more than a 45 minute drive, so don't all get too excited. It's no Cooden Beach!
I seem to remember that you need one leg longer than the other as no matter where you are, the ball is always above/below your feet.

Should suit Leftie then (although in his case it's one leg shorter than the other) :ROFLMAO:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’d heard a rumour of the AL management looking to open another course when one of the other Kent courses last year closed, would be nice to see a proper management company take it over as I’ve heard the layout is a good test.

On the plus side with it I KT being closed a few weeks it shouldn’t take much work to get it back up to standard.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’d heard a rumour of the AL management looking to open another course when one of the other Kent courses last year closed, would be nice to see a proper management company take it over as I’ve heard the layout is a good test.

On the plus side with it I KT being closed a few weeks it shouldn’t take much work to get it back up to standard.
Austin Lodge was a nice course, but too many crownd greens for my liking. However, they used the elevations very well.:)