Another App related anomaly

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played Saunton on Monday where I'm a country member. Handicap is at a Welsh Club.

Wanted to enter a General Play Card, but couldn't access Wales Golf App for some reason before play. (Although it usually works OK there)

No worries they said in the Shop, key it through iG. (Saunton sign in)

After play, entered scores in iG and when it came to attesting, the only option was names of Saunton members! I wasn't play with one!😁

So, left it in the shop to be keyed. This duly happened and this morning a small adjustment to Handicap.

Here's the additional funny bit. Handicap updated on both iG and Wales Golf.

It changed 0.1 on one app and 0.2 on the other.

I think I'll leave it a few days, to see if it sorts itself out🤣🤣🤣 Lesson learned... if the app isn't working, don't bother!

wjemather

Visit site
While widely used, IG is club specific software. Non-members are not able to use the full functionality, including the igMember app, and are not listed for attestation purposes.

There has been an issue with IG (seemingly randomly) not updating a small percentage of HIs correctly during the nightly download. (I posted about this in another thread a few days ago)

Your issues are not linked - just a coincidence.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
They have to be linked as its the only change in over a week!😉

Both the clubs use iG. Chap at Saunton says a penalty score was applied, he's removed and keyed the correct score. (On England Golf) I thought penalty scores were applied after 72 hours of no attesting??

That took 3 hours to appear on Wales golf. (It hadn't when I posted this morning)

Handicaps still differ. I bet it clears after the over night update tonight.

But, then again 🤣🤣

wjemather

Visit site
They have to be linked as its the only change in over a week!😉

Both the clubs use iG. Chap at Saunton says a penalty score was applied, he's removed and keyed the correct score. (On England Golf) I thought penalty scores were applied after 72 hours of no attesting??

That took 3 hours to appear on Wales golf. (It hadn't when I posted this morning)

Handicaps still differ. I bet it clears after the over night update tonight.

But, then again 🤣🤣
No, just a coincidence. Two entirely different and unconnected software issues.
Both clubs using IG is also irrelevant.
The issue with IG reporting an incorrect HI has been observed to affect players who are members at just one club following submission of either comp or GP scores via any method.
Automated Penalty Scores aren't applied for a few days, and not before an email reminder has been issued.

wjemather

Visit site
Re penalty scores, I thought that too. This had one applied the following day! No emails or messages were received.

Chap at Saunton knows what a penalty score looks like too, so it's another case of "flakey system."
Without seeing the PS (not possible not it's deleted), and a few other things I don't have access to, it's impossible to say what happened.
There are some clubs that bypass the automated process and manually apply PS almost immediately.