Another 36 hole comp question

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dont want to hijack the other thread as I have a different question.

We have our championship in a couple of weeks, can you have your handicap adjusted for the secong round if you beat CSS for the first?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
yes, even if its not posted you should adjust yourself for any following rounds

I am only repeating what I have read on here before btw :D

saying that I assume they are on the same day so not totally sure as CSS may not even be know by the time your 2nd round commences?

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I dont want to hijack the other thread as I have a different question.

We have our championship in a couple of weeks, can you have your handicap adjusted for the secong round if you beat CSS for the first?

CONGU decision 4a would suggest that handicaps should not be adjusted between successive rounds of a single competition held on one or consecutive days. However the final decision lies with the organising committee.

DCB

Visit site
As it's a 36 hole competition you use the starting handicap for the duration of the competition. There will be separate CSS worked out for each round and your actual handicap will be adjusted after each round based on those calculations. You will however play both rounds off your handicap that you started with.

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As stated your hcap for a 36 hole comp is your starting hcap on the first. If you go low on first day it's still the same on the second. However you may need to be careful. A mate once scored low on sat and played on Sunday late off the same hcap. The idiot also played an open on Sunday morning at another club and did not cut himself for it. He was disqualified after finishing second.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We used to play our 36 hole competition on consecutive Sundays until one of my (then) fellow committee members had a good first round and, rightly, got a cut for the second round. The next year the competition was held on consecutive days!

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
yes, even if its not posted you should adjust yourself for any following rounds

I am only repeating what I have read on here before btw :D

saying that I assume they are on the same day so not totally sure as CSS may not even be know by the time your 2nd round commences?

MMMmmm.. don't think so

As it's a 36 hole competition you use the starting handicap for the duration of the competition. There will be separate CSS worked out for each round and your actual handicap will be adjusted after each round based on those calculations. You will however play both rounds off your handicap that you started with.

This is what we do at our club.
Did it today.
When it's raining, 36 holes seems forever!