Annual Review query regarding 2nd club

IanMcC

Visit site
During the annual review a couple of players need adjustment who are 2nd club members. Should I make the adjustment or leave it to their first club?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is the job of the Home Club. The results of those players throughout the year find their way onto their handicap records at their Home Club, The whole handicap record - including results from your club - are considered in the round at the Home Club's Annual Review and it is their responsibility to take any necessary action.

I'm pretty sure your handicapping software will not be flagging up any recommendation for Away players.

IanMcC

Visit site
There are 2 people on our review list whom this concerns. We have ClubV1 software. For one of them the answer is simple. He was a recommendation from the senior chairman, who monitors the play from the Seniors (all non qualifiers). He is indeed an AWAY player, so I will not touch him. The other player is listed as '2nd Club Membership' under his Directory profile, but he is not classed as an AWAY player. His home club is not listed on the software, unlike the first member I mentioned. Is this an admin error? Can someone have 2nd Club membership but not be listed as an AWAY player? The second player here was highlighted in the Annual Review Report on ClubV1.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
The phrase "2nd club membership" is not one recognised by handicapping software. As far as one of your members is concerned he/she is either a Home or Away player. If he/she is an Away player then there must be a Home club for that player. If there isn't, then the player's Home Club must be you. The player concerned needs to clarify if he has a Home Club or not.

IanMcC

Visit site
The phrase "2nd club membership" is not one recognised by handicapping software. As far as one of your members is concerned he/she is either a Home or Away player. If he/she is an Away player then there must be a Home club for that player. If there isn't, then the player's Home Club must be you.
Thanks for this. I was 90% sure that this was the case. Just needed confirmation.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The other player is listed as '2nd Club Membership' under his Directory profile, but he is not classed as an AWAY player.
Rosecott has covered it but I think "Directory profile" is simply a text field in ClubV1, probably left over from when the player was also a member of another club. I suggest you remove the entry.

IanMcC

Visit site
I was curious as to why Seniors comps are all non-qualifiers.
I believe they have 3 qualifiers, their board comps, but the others are usually AmAm or betterball comps against other clubs. I am sure that after WHS comes in then all of their singles knocks will be qualifiers.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I believe they have 3 qualifiers, their board comps, but the others are usually AmAm or betterball comps against other clubs. I am sure that after WHS comes in then all of their singles knocks will be qualifiers.
Only if they are done as supplementary scores are now or as 'organised' competitions