Annual handicap review question

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I didn't want to clog the other review thread up with my question, so thought I would ask the experts :)

For those of you who are or have been on handicap committees and understand the rules, could you please have a look at the following link.

http://www.masterscoreboard.co.uk/results/PlayerHistory.php?&CWID=1120&Player=1033

It is my regular partner's record for the season, and he has just been cut a shot in the annual review and is confused as to why.

The only info that isn't there is that he was part of a winning yellowball team about a month ago, and got nowhere in both of our summer ko comps.

Does a cut for him sound right looking at that?

Thanks.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
8 buffers or better in 12 qualifiers? I'd have been a lot harsher!

Really?

Not arguing, but I was 7 buffers or better from 11, plus I won more than him, yet I wasn't affected? Is that because they can't cut in an annual review to cat1 or is there something else I'm not seeing.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Really?

Not arguing, but I was 7 buffers or better from 11, plus I won more than him, yet I wasn't affected? Is that because they can't cut in an annual review to cat1 or is there something else I'm not seeing.

Spot on, you can only be cut into cat1 with the sanction of the County

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really?

Pretty sure you can only get to cat 1 with card cuts not annual review or ESR.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gary, do you know if the cut has been calculated by the computer or the handicap sec done it ??

Reason I ask is that I have had 4 cuts, 2 x 0.1's and (i think) 4 or 5 buffers and my handicap has not been adjusted.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Gary, do you know if the cut has been calculated by the computer or the handicap sec done it ??

Reason I ask is that I have had 4 cuts, 2 x 0.1's and (i think) 4 or 5 buffers and my handicap has not been adjusted.

As I understand it, the computer throws up a list of names for consideration, then the committee make the final decision on each one, so there will be people the computer flags up but don't move and won't even know they were up for a possible change.

Whether our committee make decisions or just let the computer do it, I don't know.

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
I know, but I would have expected the 4 rounds to fall into the average qualifying season.

It could also be due to who did the cutting and the relationship the cutter has with who was cut.

The guy who won our singles put cards in for cuts during general play at weekends when Std Scratch would be known.
The hcap/comp sec didn't cut him. Until he had to play him in the singles then he cut him by 3 shots.