And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 18588

When you mention it 2-3 times to make your point and you've made us fully aware on numerous occassions the level you played at, it comes across as condescending, as I've stated I'm not in agreement per say for trial by tv, it's either all or nothing, half hearted piss poor attempts will do nothing but damage to the game, again like Rugby, one man in a booth speaking to the Ref.

I can accept technology for "items of fact" like goal-line or ball in or out of play but anything else involves judgement or interpretation and, thus, undermines the ref. Umpires in cricket now seem to be almost redundant.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can accept technology for "items of fact" like goal-line or ball in or out of play but anything else involves judgement or interpretation and, thus, undermines the ref. Umpires in cricket now seem to be almost redundant.

and crickets a far better game for it, drs by far from perfect but overall standard of decisions now far higher than before

D

Deleted member 15344

Umpires are far from almost redundant and the decisions from the umpires are at a better standard - the same with rugby refs and both sports are better for it

D

Deleted member 18588

You wouldn't accept cheating in Golf, what makes it acceptable in Football, it might take generations to sort it, but surely somewhere someone has to make a stand?

I genuinely don't get as worked up as many on here about cheats in golf, firmly in the camp that the only people they are cheating are themselves although I will call it if I see it.

In any event one person's cheating is another's doing what is necessary to win. Not something I could agree with but then human nature means some will cheatin all walks of life ; sport, business, marriage, whatever.

Something we all have to acknowledge.

D

Deleted member 18588

Umpires are far from almost redundant and the decisions from the umpires are at a better standard - the same with rugby refs and both sports are better for it

Cricket most certainly is not (have no idea about rugby as I have zero interest).

Umpires now miss more front foot no balls than they spot and the practice of accepting a fielder's word for a fair catch has now disappeared even in Club cricket where replays are not available. So no evidence to suggest that DRS has improved the game.

D

Deleted member 16999

I genuinely don't get as worked up as many on here about cheats in golf, firmly in the camp that the only people they are cheating are themselves although I will call it if I see it.

In any event one person's cheating is another's doing what is necessary to win. Not something I could agree with but then human nature means some will cheatin all walks of life ; sport, business, marriage, whatever.

Something we all have to acknowledge.
I agree with the human nature comment and we all have to acknowledge it, but in all the examples you quote, if caught, those responsible are brought to account except in Football, in Football it seems to be more accepted as part of the game.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I was a bit disappointed we didn't get Barrow. First game I ever went to back in 1970 was against Barrow. We won 6-3, and still not seen as many goals in one game since.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
And I'm with him here as well;

[video]http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggvideos/leicester-fan-calls-claudio-ranieris-head-floors-robbie-savage-top-replacement-video/[/video]

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm off to the big one. Sutton v AFC Wimbledon. Great local derby and a chance of an upset

Lucky you, up here a few days ago BBC2 Scotland was showing Mackeralton City v Sodding Chippenbury [well something like that] on prime viewing time.
I would love to have known what their viewing figures were?

It would have been the equivalent of showing East Fife v Forfar in SE England. As if that would ever happen.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Son in law has took young Bradley Tash to see the the "Blades"/ Sheff Utd today. He is not very happy. He wanted to wear his Man City shirt. Cannot understand why he can't wear it. Wanted to know where Pep Guardiola was, very upset that Moonchester was not there. Must of been a relaxing experience for him, he fell asleep during the game. Good lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.