And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I thought Hazard was going to go straight after the world cup, the £200m price tag may have put RM off. I'd love him to stay at Chelsea but I don't see it happening sadly. We'll cope without him but it'll be a huge gap to fill.

Hazard has wanted to go for awhile and his recent interview shows he still wants a move, no surprise he’s playing out of his skin to better his chances of a move, could be argued that he only puts the effort in when it suits him.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hazard has wanted to go for awhile and his recent interview shows he still wants a move, no surprise he’s playing out of his skin to better his chances of a move, could be argued that he only puts the effort in when it suits him.

Harsh, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Harsh maybe but if you look back on his Chelsea career he went missing a awfull lot.
I just think Hazard has improved a lot. Three years ago I wouldn't have said he was quite good enough for Real, but now he definitely wouldn't look out of place there. He is incredible at the moment. Dribbling is almost Messi-esque.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Better that than what Sanchez did at Arsenal, i.e. downed tools. We have, or had before retirement, the ability to resign and go and find another job. Or find another job and give a month's notice. Footballers don't have that choice.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Better that than what Sanchez did at Arsenal, i.e. downed tools. We have, or had before retirement, the ability to resign and go and find another job. Or find another job and give a month's notice. Footballers don't have that choice.
To be fair, people thought it was that at the time, but he's continued playing just as badly at United. :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So England are playing tonight, I just found out, ha. Given the number of drop-outs the team could have an interesting look to it. I'd guess the team will look something like this:
Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier Winks Henderson Barkley Chilwell
Sterling Kane
Although I wouldn't be surprised if Gomez gets a start. I think if he hadn't have got the injury, he'd have been the left centre back at the World Cup, and consequently we wouldn't even be dreaming of Maguire as a regular starter now. But he took his chance well, and now it's a selection dilemma. I still think Gomez is better suited to it though.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
like watching a low level training session!

still on the plus side Harry Winks is gonna be the answer to Englands need for a creative midfielder :eek:

Winks is not playing 🤔 when he did play for England before he got injured he looked very promising. Had a good season for Spurs as well.

Wolf

Visit site
Literally can't stand watching England anymore yet I still do it... we always seem so devoid of creativity and intelligence on the ball.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Shocking miss by Rashford which summed up a drab affair. Very weird atmosphere and lack of a crowd didn't make it a good viewing spectacle, but there again nor did the game. I guess an away point to Croatia isn't a bad result. I'm another that would love a standing area. If it works in Germany why can't it work here apart from the FA and government being blinkered by the tragedy at Hillsborough. I think grounds, especially in the PL and championship have moved on immeasurably and could accommodate such an area

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shocking miss by Rashford which summed up a drab affair. Very weird atmosphere and lack of a crowd didn't make it a good viewing spectacle, but there again nor did the game. I guess an away point to Croatia isn't a bad result. I'm another that would love a standing area. If it works in Germany why can't it work here apart from the FA and government being blinkered by the tragedy at Hillsborough. I think grounds, especially in the PL and championship have moved on immeasurably and could accommodate such an area
Recently went to the rugby , standing was ok with smaller crowd .
But can’t see it happening in the prem.