And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most fans remember the atmosphere standing created the close proximity to each other and yes the danger.
Those seated standing area won’t recreate that .
But as I say I am not against it.

D

Deleted member 1740

Nostalgia is ok but I spent many a Saturday in the Kop and don’t fancy it again.
I am not against it as such but can’t see it at Anfield.

The proposed changes are a million times safer than back in the days of thd old kop.

I'm not sure where your ST is but the kop right now and probably many other stands around the country arent very safe.

I've had grown fellas flying over my head and ending up 5 rows down celebrating a last minute Lovren winner and it was carnage.

Rail seating, not safe standing, stops that problem.

Nobody wants to go back to the days of overcrowded stands.

D

Deleted member 1740

Most fans remember the atmosphere standing created the close proximity to each other and yes the danger.
Those seated standing area won’t recreate that .
But as I say I am not against it.

It might not recreate it but it will definitely imorove the sanitised atmospheres we get now.

Look at Celtics stand and tell us the atmosphere hasnt improved.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We sit more or less behind the dugouts and even in the new stand you are right it’s like climbing Everest.

Yes I agree with you , as I said I am not against it but would like a chance to see the Celtic standing area.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The proposed changes are a million times safer than back in the days of thd old kop.

I'm not sure where your ST is but the kop right now and probably many other stands around the country arent very safe.

I've had grown fellas flying over my head and ending up 5 rows down celebrating a last minute Lovren winner and it was carnage.

I think my shins are going to be purple forever now from smashing them against the seats in front.

D

Deleted member 1740

We sit more or less behind the dugouts and even in the new stand you are right it’s like climbing Everest.

Yes I agree with you , as I said I am not against it but would like a chance to see the Celtic standing area.

i'm in the Kemlyn, rd end but try and get on the kop for cup games where its standing for most of them and a night mare for smashing knees and shins!!

Armchair ST holders havent got a scooby what were on about here😁😁

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

I was knocked into the row behind at a Celtic vs Barcelona game at Parkhead when Celtic scored their 1st goal and the 2 guys beside me who knocked me over at the first Celtic goal landed 2 rows in front when Celtic scored a 2nd goal - not recently obviously!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As a reasonably tall chap, I don't feel particularly safe high up in the stands when you have to stand and the back of the seat in front doesn't even reach your knees...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i'm in the Kemlyn, rd end but try and get on the kop for cup games where its standing for most of them and a night mare for smashing knees and shins!!

Armchair ST holders havent got a scooby what were on about here😁😁
When they did the stand I was looking forward to a bit more legroom but my arse is numb when it gets to half time.
I think we have less room now than when the old wooden seats were in and they were more comfy!

I have seen lots of people fall over the seat backs it only takes a little shove.

Reading this back I am thinking more a rail to stand to may just work as long as everyone in the section is ok with standing.
It’s wether the club will finance this.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When they did the stand I was looking forward to a bit more legroom but my arse is numb when it gets to half time.
I think we have less room now than when the old wooden seats were in and they were more comfy!

I have seen lots of people fall over the seat backs it only takes a little shove.

Reading this back I am thinking more a rail to stand to may just work as long as everyone in the section is ok with standing.
It’s wether the club will finance this.

Dont know if you went to Dortmund in 2001 for the UEFA cup final, but I stood in the "yellow wall", which has rail seating.

You can stand or sit on a high "bar stool" type style fold down seat. I was about 10 rows from the back, so a looooong way up, but from memory, you could still sit in your seat and still let others walk past you, as well.

I'm also in favour of rail seating. As I know from the Kop, you can sing when seated, but you can sing better and louder when your standing up (as per the European games and the big games).

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dont know if you went to Dortmund in 2001 for the UEFA cup final, but I stood in the "yellow wall", which has rail seating.

You can stand or sit on a high "bar stool" type style fold down seat. I was about 10 rows from the back, so a looooong way up, but from memory, you could still sit in your seat and still let others walk past you, as well.

I'm also in favour of rail seating. As I know from the Kop, you can sing when seated, but you can sing better and louder when your standing up (as per the European games and the big games).
Didn’t travel abroad for reds.
The more I hear the more I like the sound of it.
Especially from reds fans as it’s a very serious subject for us
Thanks lads.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Didn’t travel abroad for reds.
The more I hear the more I like the sound of it.
Especially from reds fans as it’s a very serious subject for us
Thanks lads.

Dont get me wrong, I can understand if anyone doesnt want "standing" at Anfield, due to Hillsborough, but if you look at it with an open mind, you may see the benefits of it.

Like most crowd situations though, large movements of hundreds or thousands of people can still be problematic, so may be harder to steward. Especially if people want to crowd together in other areas where they shouldnt be, which could still happen, so think you still need to limit access to certain areas, but as a physical piece of furniture the rail seating can be safer than rows of seats.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I'm also in favour of rail seating. As I know from the Kop, you can sing when you are winning but you can sing better and louder when your standing up (as per the European games and the big games).

Fixed for you my old mate:cool:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
69828D27-0190-4A94-9952-31AA2613AE23.jpeg13DB518B-967A-4227-BD9A-1F4FE4003A73.jpeg
Dont get me wrong, I can understand if anyone doesnt want "standing" at Anfield, due to Hillsborough, but if you look at it with an open mind, you may see the benefits of it.

Like most crowd situations though, large movements of hundreds or thousands of people can still be problematic, so may be harder to steward. Especially if people want to crowd together in other areas where they shouldnt be, which could still happen, so think you still need to limit access to certain areas, but as a physical piece of furniture the rail seating can be safer than rows of seats.

The thing is, the current seating due to the points already mentioned, is more dangerous than simply ‘open’ standing imo. When you fall now it’s an unnatural fall with obstacles, so you’re more likely to be hurt than you are if you fall without any obstacles. However, the clubs now have a get out as we all know it’s seated and we shouldn’t stand, so the clubs have no, or believe they have no liability should we fall and become injured.

A rail system is the perfect answer as it allows you to stand and not be pushed forward over the current seating in front which doesn’t conform to any H&S protection, and doesn’t need to because we’re not supposed to stand in seated areas!

Rail areas could/should be placed in stands behind both goals with traditional seating to the sides so fans have a choice to match their match day needs both for a personal experience and preference and those that simply can’t stand for long or any period of time.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nostalgia is ok but I spent many a Saturday in the Kop and don’t fancy it again.
I am not against it as such but can’t see it at Anfield.
Liverpool fans stand now. They stand in The Kop, the away fans stand wherever they go, pretty much all of them. Standing in seated areas is far more dangerous than the rail systems as you still get a goal surge but there is nowhere to step and get your balance. The rails stop the surges.

Fitting rails is really an acceptance of what is actually happening already. It would also make it safer and be more considerate for those who actually want to sit but can't as they would not be able to see what is happening.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
View attachment 25682View attachment 25683

The thing is, the current seating due to the points already mentioned, is more dangerous than simply ‘open’ standing imo. When you fall now it’s an unnatural fall with obstacles, so you’re more likely to be hurt than you are if you fall without any obstacles. However, the clubs now have a get out as we all know it’s seated and we shouldn’t stand, so the clubs have no, or believe they have no liability should we fall and become injured.

A rail system is the perfect answer as it allows you to stand and not be pushed forward over the current seating in front which doesn’t conform to any H&S protection, and doesn’t need to because we’re not supposed to stand in seated areas!

Rail areas could/should be placed in stands behind both goals with traditional seating to the sides so fans have a choice to match their match day needs both for a personal experience and preference and those that simply can’t stand for long or any period of time.

Agree in the main, but think areas should maybe be limited to say 5,000 as initial tests, and grow if safe and required from there.

At a recent "spirit of Shankly" poll, most Liverpool fans were in favour.