And, we’re off.......2018/2019

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
😀 Playing rubbish but winning 5 Premier games in a row! Tough audience... 😉

Oh, I am happy as. I have wanted change for years, and now I have it, bring it on. It will take a while to undo 10 years of managed decline, and poor buying, so get to it. To win a few games on the way, yep, happy bunny.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That’s it, get right behind your team.:whistle:
Wish the defence would get behind the team! Frustrating to see how well we played last year and a style that worked and one which has been found out very quickly and a manager that doesn't want to change his principles or have a plan B. I'm sure it'll come together and as long as we compete in the mini league of 6-8 teams down the bottom we should be OK. Cardiff look to be struggling more than we are, although I thought they should have had a penalty today.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Liverpool play Napoli this week. To put in perspective how much their squad has grown - this was the line-up that started the last Napoli away fixture:

Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Skrtel, Konchesky, Poulsen, Spearing, Shelvey, Jovanovic, Babel, N'Gog

Eugh.

D

Deleted member 1740

He's already been given too long considering the upset he has either caused or not corrected.

Its funny how the match going red see's it differently to the armchair red.....

D

Deleted member 1740

That's not a little dig, is it?
I know some don't accept 'armchair' fans as proper fans, oh, and you also have to support a club from where you're born, too!

No it isnt a dig, it's how i see it.

One person who has an armchair season ticket blames the manager and the other person who makes the effort and actually goes the games blames the players.

Generally, if you go the game you see it differently than watching from the comfort of your own home IMO.

And yeah i do believe you (not personally!!) should support your local team, supporting a football team that are based 100's of miles away of which you have no real affinity with just doesnt seem right , again IMO.

Armchair fans are useful though, they keep the phone ins going on 5Live and Talksport😉

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No it isnt a dig, it's how i see it.

One person who has an armchair season ticket blames the manager and the other person who makes the effort and actually goes the games blames the players.

Generally, if you go the game you see it differently than watching from the comfort of your own home IMO.

And yeah i do believe you (not personally!!) should support your local team, supporting a football team that are based 100's of miles away of which you have no real affinity with just doesnt seem right , again IMO.

Armchair fans are useful though, they keep the phone ins going on 5Live and Talksport😉
Nothing worse than a cockney red lol

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

True, you see it in much less detail, with no ability to review what you've just seen and in a way that is overly passionate in the moment and detracts from rational thought.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Can remember years ago when City were Rammel, I worked at Harworth pit on the south Yorks/ Notts border. The Pit was full of Utd fans. One day I was talking to a couple of there fans who were giving me some grief again about City. One of the two ( the armchair fan ) was bragging about Rooney being the best player in the world. The season ticket holder said " He is not even the best player at Utd, Ronaldo is". The point is that as a match going fan, you see things that the television dosent show you. Something that is only pointed out sometimes by pundits afterwards. Telly can show you replays and differant angles etc, but it ( and commentators ) can make players seem better than they are. One thing I don't miss is that flippin irritating commentator shouting Roooooooooooooooonay every time he had a shot, and missed.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Can remember years ago when City were Rammel, I worked at Harworth pit on the south Yorks/ Notts border. The Pit was full of Utd fans. One day I was talking to a couple of there fans who were giving me some grief again about City. One of the two ( the armchair fan ) was bragging about Rooney being the best player in the world. The season ticket holder said " He is not even the best player at Utd, Ronaldo is". The point is that as a match going fan, you see things that the television dosent show you. Something that is only pointed out sometimes by pundits afterwards. Telly can show you replays and differant angles etc, but it ( and commentators ) can make players seem better than they are. One thing I don't miss is that flippin irritating commentator shouting Roooooooooooooooonay every time he had a shot, and missed.

If you can't spot the wider picture of a football match when watching it on TV then the problem is with you, not the footage.