And, we’re off.......2018/2019

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So your solution to Kane not scoring would be to bring in a striker who doesn't score? :unsure:

76 premier league goals in 197 premier league games isn’t bad for someone who doesn’t score

Son scored 30 in 101 games that’s a goal every 3.36 games

Giurods record is goal every 2.59 games which again is pretty good for a player who doesn’t score

D

Deleted member 16999

76 premier league goals in 197 premier league games isn’t bad for someone who doesn’t score

Giurods record is goal every 2.59 games which again is pretty good for a player who doesn’t score
No good if Poch doesn’t Giroud as his type of player.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Whilst they are inferior .. (never claimed they were equal) they have decent cover. Morata is highly rated. Lacazzete and PEA were both highly regarded as two of the best outside the premier league , if spurs could have got giruod I think that would have been perfect for them. He’s a class act and happy to fight for a place

Son has a better goal scoring record than both giroud and morata over the last two years. Giroud is also two slow for spurs style of football. He’d be ok as a last 10 mins sub, but haven’t they still got the Llorente for that?

Btw, my point about the others being inferior, wasn’t me trying to pick holes in your point. Just says sting that it’s easier to replace lesser players than it is someone of Kane’s level.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Would be interested to see if their goals per minute are more compariable.....

Also isn’t helped that sons first season was por, albeit he played further back then.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

You've compared a winger to a striker, what was the point? Giroud is not a goalscorer, he plays the Heskey role of assisting Hazard, or Griezmann. He does that well but it wouldn't help us replacing Kane's goals would it? Moot point anyway, Giroud will never join Spurs so let's move on shall we. :D

D

Deleted member 15344

Didn’t Spurs buy Llorente to be back up for Kane - why not play him whilst Kane gets a rest ? Also there is Jansen who was bought and Son isn’t really a winger and doesn’t play as a winger.

Teams need to find a way to balance their squad and if Spurs really want to challenge then they need to find more than just relying on Kane - yep he is a top class striker but he can’t play every single game.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You've compared a winger to a striker, what was the point? Giroud is not a goalscorer, he plays the Heskey role of assisting Hazard, or Griezmann. He does that well but it wouldn't help us replacing Kane's goals would it? Moot point anyway, Giroud will never join Spurs so let's move on shall we. :D

Still the point remains you need decent back up for kane , not signing anyone in the off season will come back to haunt once the champ league hits and you get a few injuries

I’m not saying you should waste 100 mill on 8 players but a couple of shrewd signings would have given you more depth to see you push for the title a bit which would be great to see a well run club do rather than the rich boys

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Still the point remains you need decent back up for kane , not signing anyone in the off season will come back to haunt once the champ league hits and you get a few injuries

I’m not saying you should waste 100 mill on 8 players but a couple of shrewd signings would have given you more depth to see you push for the title a bit which would be great to see a well run club do rather than the rich boys
Yeah, who would do a silly thing like that? :ROFLMAO:

We were never ever going to push for the title this season, that was always City v Liverpool. Our only chance to win the title was that year when all the big boys were pony but Leicester somehow were an absolute machine. We will never get an opportunity like that again.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, who would do a silly thing like that? :ROFLMAO:

We were never ever going to push for the title this season, that was always City v Liverpool. Our only chance to win the title was that year when all the big boys were pony but Leicester somehow were an absolute machine. We will never get an opportunity like that again.

With the correct shrewd investment you will. Whilst you don’t spend other teams will catch up

Our signings are starting to bed in, now Yarmolenko is half fit I fancy our chances a lot more. Him and arnie look set to terrorise defences. Need to ship out hernandez whilst his stock remains high. Maybe spurs fancy him? He isn’t that sulky really lol

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
With the correct shrewd investment you will. Whilst you don’t spend other teams will catch up

Our signings are starting to bed in, now Yarmolenko is half fit I fancy our chances a lot more. Him and arnie look set to terrorise defences. Need to ship out hernandez whilst his stock remains high. Maybe spurs fancy him? He isn’t that sulky really lol
I actually wouldn't mind him, always rated him before. Why has he been pony for you? Everywhere else he's been he's managed goals.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I actually wouldn't mind him, always rated him before. Why has he been pony for you? Everywhere else he's been he's managed goals.

He is 100% an impact sub he just doesn’t have the fitness for the game in full. Perfect bench player

However he wants to lead line. Doesn’t suit our system at the moment arnie has been s revelation

Also his attitude stinks a bit. Sulks a lot when things aren’t going his way. Dives a lot.

D

Deleted member 1740

I think when Spurs are fit and on form especially Kane and Erikson then they will be good enough to get into top 4 BUT because right now players like Kane look like they are physically and mentally tired due to lack of rest over the past 2 years. Spurs dont seem to be able to cope without Kane hence why he was rushed straight back in , i suspect he started the season on a high after the World Cup but fatigue is setting in - they had a lot of players at the later stages of the World Cup. I suspect Kane etc prob shouldnt have started the first 2 maybe three games.

But they are very reliant on Kane - i suppose it is as close as you can get to a one man team , but Chelsea rely on Hazard , Man Utd rely on De Gea.

What has changed since they tore Yernited a new one??

D

Deleted member 15344

What has changed since they tore Yernited a new one??

The players have continue to play week in week out including internationals - the initial rush of the season starting has died down and the lack of pre season and rest has hit the players

D

Deleted member 1740

they didnt really tear United a new one though did they? just took pretty much every decent chance that came there way whilst United couldnt hit a barn door at the other end

Apologies, i forgot yernited won the tactics in that game 😉

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Question for fans of teams not involve in the CL, do you care about the CL each year, do you watch the games, do you even follow it?

I ask as I have not bothered for 3-4 years now. I don't care, it has become dull and flat to me. I watched one of the Liverpool v City games last year with a friend in the pub, more to meet him than to watch the game, and I saw last years final because an English team were in it. Other than those two games I have not seen a CL during that period, it leaves me cold. It would clearly be different if my own team were in it which is why I am asking fans of teams NOT in it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Question for fans of teams not involve in the CL, do you care about the CL each year, do you watch the games, do you even follow it?

I ask as I have not bothered for 3-4 years now. I don't care, it has become dull and flat to me. I watched one of the Liverpool v City games last year with a friend in the pub, more to meet him than to watch the game, and I saw last years final because an English team were in it. Other than those two games I have not seen a CL during that period, it leaves me cold. It would clearly be different if my own team were in it which is why I am asking fans of teams NOT in it.
I never watched much of it when we weren't in it. Usually watch the final, and if an English team were in the semi-final or had a match against a big team. I would never sit and watch a quarter final of two foreign teams though for example.