And, we’re off.......2018/2019

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Deserved to be beaten tonight due to not taking our chances
Although need VAR ASAP .. disgraceful refeering .. stopping game when we edge of box with 5 players in space when replays show their defender injured himself kicking arnies ankle

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Disappointed but not too worried TBH....thought we played OK,just "one of those games"could play exactly the same
and nick it 2-1.....

Surprised how negative Brighton were though and agree the Ref was poor. Don’t know if VAR will help with the kind of things he was getting wrong. Eg. Stopping the game for a fake ankle injury when we was in their box (don’t worry they gave it back to our keeper though!! Ffs :mad:)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Blimey what did the Bournemouth players have for breakfast :D

D

Deleted member 18588

Disappointed but not too worried TBH....thought we played OK,just "one of those games"could play exactly the same
and nick it 2-1.....

Surprised how negative Brighton were though and agree the Ref was poor. Don’t know if VAR will help with the kind of things he was getting wrong. Eg. Stopping the game for a fake ankle injury when we was in their box (don’t worry they gave it back to our keeper though!! Ffs :mad:)

Speaking as a neutral can I ask how you reckon it was "a fake ankle injury" when the Brighton player had to be replaced?

Don't know about the ref being poor but I thought West Ham were very poor in the attacking third.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Speaking as a neutral can I ask how you reckon it was "a fake ankle injury" when the Brighton player had to be replaced?

Don't know about the ref being poor but I thought West Ham were very poor in the attacking third.

I agree about your last paragraph, Good at tipy tapy on the edge of their box but no real threat.

In reply to your question....Propper Under pressure goes down claiming a head injury inside the box to get the game stopped....trainer comes on and then he gets treatment for his leg! (Replay shows HE kicked Arnautovic in the leg!) 30 seconds after the restart he is running around like a whippet! :unsure: I think I’m on safe ground calling it fake. What would you call it?
Soon after he was subbed but I think that was just time wasting.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
United have been quality the last 15 minutes to be fair. Excellent comeback. Pogba running the show from that deep role. Why don't they play like this all the time?

D

Deleted member 18588

I agree about your last paragraph, Good at tipy tapy on the edge of their box but no real threat.

In reply to your question....Propper Under pressure goes down claiming a head injury inside the box to get the game stopped....trainer comes on and then he gets treatment for his leg! (Replay shows HE kicked Arnautovic in the leg!) 30 seconds after the restart he is running around like a whippet! :unsure: I think I’m on safe ground calling it fake. What would you call it?
Soon after he was subbed but I think that was just time wasting.

The injured player never came back on and he was injured by kicking the sole of Arnautovic's boot. Otherwise Arnautovic's would have been injured and looking to go off as he isn't the bravest.