an injury update

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
back in august Smiffy offered up his place to play an open at Mannings Heath ,well i took up his kind offer but sadly i had an accident on the first hole and tore all the muscles off of my knee cap resulting in the hospital not spotting it with their ultra scan and thus it was a month later that i actually had an op to stitch the muscle back on .this meant that the op was far more complicated than if it had been done straight away, this has meant that i have been off work since august and will be untill at the very least mi april ,that is when i see the surgeon again ,i have just last week been told that i can now do some physio and wednesday that is what happened ,the physiotherapist said i could also hit a few balls as the twisting of the knee would help the physio, so being told that i could be doing a little more i actually went to the range on friday and hit a few balls ,to say it was difficult would be an under statement ,but i hit a few 7 and 9 irons and even tried the driver with a gentle half swing .that turned out to be a bad idea as i couldnt hit it hardly at all.
i am undeterred though and tomorrow i shall be back at the range trying to hit a few more iron shots and maybe try a few bunker shots as well.I could well have a bash at the putting green ,but too much walking hurts the knee too much,it dosent help that being unable to do bugger all i have put about two and a half stone of weight on .not good .
still enough of my rambling,im just glad i am allowed to hit a few balls now ,where as before the doc told me not to.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
back in august Smiffy offered up his place to play an open at Mannings Heath ,well i took up his kind offer but sadly i had an accident on the first hole and tore all the muscles off of my knee cap resulting in the hospital not spotting it with their ultra scan and thus it was a month later that i actually had an op to stitch the muscle back on .this meant that the op was far more complicated than if it had been done straight away, this has meant that i have been off work since august and will be untill at the very least mi april ,that is when i see the surgeon again ,i have just last week been told that i can now do some physio and wednesday that is what happened ,the physiotherapist said i could also hit a few balls as the twisting of the knee would help the physio, so being told that i could be doing a little more i actually went to the range on friday and hit a few balls ,to say it was difficult would be an under statement ,but i hit a few 7 and 9 irons and even tried the driver with a gentle half swing .that turned out to be a bad idea as i couldnt hit it hardly at all.
i am undeterred though and tomorrow i shall be back at the range trying to hit a few more iron shots and maybe try a few bunker shots as well.I could well have a bash at the putting green ,but too much walking hurts the knee too much,it dosent help that being unable to do bugger all i have put about two and a half stone of weight on .not good .
still enough of my rambling,im just glad i am allowed to hit a few balls now ,where as before the doc told me not to.

Glad you are on the road to recovery but try and resist the urge to get back into it too soon or do too much. Hopefully you'll be fit enough to play at some point this season!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Poacher, the light at the end of the tunnel has got a little bit brighter. At least you have a genuine reason for saying you were crap at the end of the season.
I have already started thinking about me excuses at the end of the year.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

Glad to hear your good news, hope things start to pick up for you across the board.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crawl before you walk before you run. Don't do to much, so that's it's 1 step forward and 2 steps back, but it's good to read you're on the road to recovery.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Crawl before you walk before you run. Don't do to much, so that's it's 1 step forward and 2 steps back, but it's good to read you're on the road to recovery.

^^^^ This.

Glad there's light at the end of the tunnel, just don't push it or you'll set yourself further back. Happy chipping!

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
thanks guys ,its been hard just sitting with my leg up and doing nothing when reading about all your golfing exploits. hopefuly the physio will help a lot .
I am really hoping to be able to play again sometime in the summer ,but will not push it too hard as i really dont want to tear it off again .