American Golf double value trade in is back!! But don't get excited.

D

Deleted member 16999

It does now but 100% when this returned what was it September time it was set by them. Was on all the adverts on the website

Now they have returned to pga values. But 6 months ago it wasn’t

DVTI returned in Jan/Feb with the extra stipulation of it’s also now like for like. :thup:

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
M2 driver valued at £48 😂

Really don't understand why they don't just market themselves differently because clearly they don't double the value of anything otherwise they would be out of business. You could always haggle before with trade in values and prices aswell. They should be done for false advertising, I'd also love to know who makes the prices up on the pga value guide because they just arnt reflective of what things are worth

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Really don't understand why they don't just market themselves differently because clearly they don't double the value of anything otherwise they would be out of business. You could always haggle before with trade in values and prices aswell. They should be done for false advertising, I'd also love to know who makes the prices up on the pga value guide because they just arnt reflective of what things are worth

I can’t believe they actually put that on the tv ad.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just got £140 for a 6 month old Evnroll, paid £299 for it. I though that was OK, I would have need to get £170 ish off ebay, and this way I got a new TM TP putter for £79
it seems OK to give AG a kicking on this forum, I reckon they provide a pretty decent service if you go into it with open eyes

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

As the PGA guide is American, I suppose much will depend on the strength of the American second hand market. If second hand prices are generally weak in the US then the value is going to be lower. Add to that the fact that golf gear can be cheaper in the US and that prices in the US do not include any taxes then you can see why the prices can be lower. There also needs to be some profit for AG in there as well enough wiggle room to dump the gear cheap if needed and you can see why prices are low. I tend to feel that the double value brings the club up to what I would roughly think it is worth as a trade in but it is certainly not twice what I feel the actual value is.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suppose if you look at it logically, the marketing does not make sense. OK, you are trading something in so you know you are going to get a bit less than it is worth as there has to be a profit margin and room to sell cheap without making a loss. That is pretty much the same whatever the goods are.

You would not, however, expect a shop, a garage or whoever to sell the item for double what was it was traded in for. Even a 50% mark up seems high. So, AG by offering double the trade in value are either stating that they will be selling all of these traded items at a loss or they will be inflating the price to over what they are worth to ensure a profit on the trade in by, in their estimations, selling it for more than double what it is actually worth on the second hand market. Or, of course, they could just be offering less, doubling it and passing it off as a deal.

Sure they are not the only ones that do this. Was watching the Rick Shiels second hand club video and Golfbidder sold a Wilson Staff F5 tour at £111.00. My brand new one only cost £99 2 months ago.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went to a local AG the other day, the manager was being very arrogant and offered me £100 due to some invisible pitting on the shaft he'd somehow spotted, pga double value was £132 btw.
Told them to stick it and drove 10 miles to another AG who couldn't have been nicer, offered me the full £132 so a deal was struck and they got the sale.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suppose if you look at it logically, the marketing does not make sense. OK, you are trading something in so you know you are going to get a bit less than it is worth as there has to be a profit margin and room to sell cheap without making a loss. That is pretty much the same whatever the goods are.

You would not, however, expect a shop, a garage or whoever to sell the item for double what was it was traded in for. Even a 50% mark up seems high. So, AG by offering double the trade in value are either stating that they will be selling all of these traded items at a loss or they will be inflating the price to over what they are worth to ensure a profit on the trade in by, in their estimations, selling it for more than double what it is actually worth on the second hand market. Or, of course, they could just be offering less, doubling it and passing it off as a deal.

Sure they are not the only ones that do this. Was watching the Rick Shiels second hand club video and Golfbidder sold a Wilson Staff F5 tour at £111.00. My brand new one only cost £99 2 months ago.

they are offering less & passing it off as a deal. it's up to the individual to take it or not. I could have got close to £200 for the evnroll on ebay. gross, add in fees, ebay & paypal packaging, postage that's about £170 net, I then have to deal with the 'proles' (new word I learnt ;)) on ebay.

it also stimulates their new club sales as it's a trade in. it's done with this in mind, as the high street is stuffed !!!

they make on the deal & it costs me £30 quid for the convenience. & £79 to have a putter like Rory :rofl: I'm happy, but it only works with a relatively high value club.

I couldn't be arsed to do it with an M2 for £40 when the replacement club is £400, whats the point?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to a local AG the other day, the manager was being very arrogant and offered me £100 due to some invisible pitting on the shaft he'd somehow spotted, pga double value was £132 btw.
Told them to stick it and drove 10 miles to another AG who couldn't have been nicer, offered me the full £132 so a deal was struck and they got the sale.

What you been buying now lad.....??......:whistle: