American Golf double value trade in is back!! But don't get excited.

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
One of our members got a quote for his AP1's of golfbidder and printed the email off and took it to the nearest AG. AG offered peanuts, the bloke took out the quote to try and at least get the price matched and got absolutely no joy. Another who left and said he wouldn't return. To be fair to AG I can see why wouldn't but there seemed to be no room to negotiate at all

Why would they negotiate? They’ve made it pretty clear what system they are using to value clubs. If they start to negotiate on top of that it then opens them up to more criticism as there wouldn’t be any consistency. If people won’t go back because they don’t get what they want then that’s their issue really.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Why would they negotiate? They’ve made it pretty clear what system they are using to value clubs. If they start to negotiate on top of that it then opens them up to more criticism as there wouldn’t be any consistency. If people won’t go back because they don’t get what they want then that’s their issue really.

I think his point was that the clubs for sale were worth more than AG wanted to pay. As the gist of the thread indicates and this episode demonstrates, AG appear to be pretty lean with their quotes. It's not an offer I'd be looking to take up but I guess if someone has stuff and wants a quick and easy few quid and to get rid then it's there to use

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
I think his point was that the clubs for sale were worth more than AG wanted to pay. As the gist of the thread indicates and this episode demonstrates, AG appear to be pretty lean with their quotes. It's not an offer I'd be looking to take up but I guess if someone has stuff and wants a quick and easy few quid and to get rid then it's there to use

I’m just saying they are going to get criticised no matter what they do. They are using the same system as last time so it’s nothing new. For people to say they won’t go back in american golf again because they didn’t get what they wanted for their clubs is a bit dramatic. Like any offer, it’s good for some and not for others, they aren’t forcing people to trade clubs in

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I’m just saying they are going to get criticised no matter what they do. They are using the same system as last time so it’s nothing new. For people to say they won’t go back in american golf again because they didn’t get what they wanted for their clubs is a bit dramatic. Like any offer, it’s good for some and not for others, they aren’t forcing people to trade clubs in

And I totally agree. Many in the bar thought he was being melodramatic. As you say it'll work for some. For me, there are better options out there to sell clubs on and get a better price but it does give another route to go down

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
And I totally agree. Many in the bar thought he was being melodramatic. As you say it'll work for some. For me, there are better options out there to sell clubs on and get a better price but it does give another route to go down

I got 450ish for my jpx900f irons so it worked for me. Could I have got more elsewhere, maybe, but I had bought them a year before for 600 so I didn’t mind losing that.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The ads on the telly don't exactly over egg it. Double value trade in, a Scotty for 116, US value 58. Seriously? You cannot buy a UK Scotty for 58 quid.
116 though, double value apart, is about what they go for.

D

Deleted member 15344

AG got stung with their last offer - people were going onto EBay buying cheap clubs then exchanging them with AG and then selling them on for big profits - there was a poster on here who had 6-8 iron sets alone then tried to flog them on here.

People will use it to get a bit of money off if they were already looking to get new stuff - I used it to get a new hybrid - got £70 off it exchanging my old one , that will do me

Anyone complaining is just another symbol of the current “something for nothing” society we are in these days where people will complain when god forbid they actually have to pay full price for something

D

Deleted member 16999

AG do not set the price, the US PGA site does, which is what the offer uses, AG double it and set the exchange rate.
They’re a business, not a charity.

D

Deleted member 1740

AG do not set the price, the US PGA site does, which is what the offer uses, AG double it and set the exchange rate.

My mate got £120 for his 20yr old ping zing 2 Irons a few weeks ago, they’re not even offering that for a 2016 M2!!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
AG got stung with their last offer - people were going onto EBay buying cheap clubs then exchanging them with AG and then selling them on for big profits - there was a poster on here who had 6-8 iron sets alone then tried to flog them on here.

People will use it to get a bit of money off if they were already looking to get new stuff - I used it to get a new hybrid - got £70 off it exchanging my old one , that will do me

Anyone complaining is just another symbol of the current “something for nothing” society we are in these days where people will complain when god forbid they actually have to pay full price for something

I didn’t sell anything on here, but the only reason I have shiny gear is because of the last offer. They seriously cocked up! I got all new clubs for driver to putter, new bag, 3 pairs of shoes and covered the Sunningdale trip all for a profit of £60 on my eBay account.

i know they say they use a certain website for their quotes, but they must have some power of that site as the values have dropped massively recently!

D

Deleted member 16999

My mate got £120 for his 20yr old ping zing 2 Irons a few weeks ago, they’re not even offering that for a 2016 M2!!
Just looked mate $100.80 for Ping Zing, 8 Clubs (don’t know what set up your mate had)
M2 is $67.50.

The difference with this trade in is that it is like for like, before it was anything for anything,

So tradeing in Driver for Driver against Iron set for Iron set you’d probably get a better % off a new Driver.

D

Deleted member 1740

Just looked mate $100.80 for Ping Zing, 8 Clubs (don’t know what set up your mate had)
M2 is $67.50.

The difference with this trade in is that it is like for like, before it was anything for anything,

So tradeing in Driver for Driver against Iron set for Iron set you’d probably get a better % off a new Driver.

i get that but i cant see how a 20yr old set of irons are worth more than a 18 month old driver.

D

Deleted member 16999

i get that but i cant see how a 20yr old set of irons are worth more than a 18 month old driver.
I’m the same as you, but the PGA guide is just that, and in it’s small print says the final value is down the retailer, AG simply use it as a bible.

gmhubble

Head Pro
Visit site

Err no - AG set the price - they say they use PGA as a guide but from what I was offered this week they are miles off - they definitely got bitten last time round - the only benefit now is that they will accept goods against other goods ....

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are they back to pga guide then? When this offer restarted they had their own team setting the price because they got stung last time. Might have changed back to pga now but back When the offer reappeared it was set by them

D

Deleted member 16999

Err no - AG set the price - they say they use PGA as a guide but from what I was offered this week they are miles off - they definitely got bitten last time round - the only benefit now is that they will accept goods against other goods ....
No they don’t, read the t&c’s. clearly states were the value comes from, the PGA site is the starting point and will offer less if the clubs etc are in bad condition.

D

Deleted member 16999

Are they back to pga guide then? When this offer restarted they had their own team setting the price because they got stung last time. Might have changed back to pga now but back When the offer reappeared it was set by them
Even the TV advert uses the price from the PGA website!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Even the TV advert uses the price from the PGA website!
It does now but 100% when this returned what was it September time it was set by them. Was on all the adverts on the website

Now they have returned to pga values. But 6 months ago it wasn’t