Amateur driving distances decreasing

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think people are just trying to figure out why the distance would be coming down, and trying to think of possible reasons.
If the tech is better, which the magazines and producers tell us it is, what other reasons could there be?
Is it the tech, the players, the system itself is more or less accurate, the courses?

I don;t think people are saying it's wrong, just they are trying to figure out the cause.

Me, I'm just annoyed they used my picture to demonstrate this article (and I'm trying to get some freebies out of it)

Ha ha. In terms of it coming down I suspect the post previous to this one has got it right. Perhaps the initial people who tried this type of measuring gear where the keen, regular, better golfers who could hit it out there. Now it is more accessible and acceptable for all to have it so the higher h/c golfers are also adding their numbers into the mix. This should level out from now on though.

I am less interested in why distance is reducing, the above may explain that, than that designers and owners take more notice of the distances being hit. When they realise the actual distances being hit they may be less keen to build courses solely for the purpose of testing DJ and Rory.

Don't worry that you are the poster boy for shorter hitters, I am sure that label will not stick with you :whistle: