Am I strange?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All this talk about whether or not golf will start and what the format should be is getting boring to me. I have many more things I want to return to ‘normal’ before I worry about whether I can go out in a fourball, swapping cards and playing for money. I want to visit family and friends, possibly go to a pub or restaurant or theatre, in fact just do normal daily things. Obviously I am not addicted to golf like some on here ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's one of a number of things, but I'd imagine golf will reopen long before pubs and restaurants do.
Can’t disagree but still doesn’t stop me wanting to go there.
Also, to me, golf is meant to be social- bacon butty pre round, pint after whilst dissecting the round so would rather wait to get the full deal

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Also, to me, golf is meant to be social- bacon butty pre round, pint after whilst dissecting the round so would rather wait to get the full deal

Halfway huts can be open for a take-away service, or like what we do, we telephone our orders on the 8th tee and collect from a thermal picnic box on the 9th green by the pathway.

There's ways & means....

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Halfway huts can be open for a take-away service, or like what we do, we telephone our orders on the 8th tee and collect from a thermal picnic box on the 9th green by the pathway.

There's ways & means....
Hardly social in a two ball!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm used to it, our clubhouse had been shut for over a year already prior to lockdown. :LOL: Just the course will be fine.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rubbish, I still have a good laugh and natter when in a 2-ball, I'm hardly going to have to shout only 2m's away, although I might struggle as I'm quite a timid quiet person so raising my voice will be out of character......
You can be sociable in your two but I am in about the whole society/roll up etc getting together before and after the round

Fish

Banned
Visit site
You can be sociable in your two but I am in about the whole society/roll up etc getting together before and after the round

We'll all go out in 2-balls if that what they say, or 3 or 4-balls hopefully, we'll all have a wager still, best card, there's around 24+ of us in my group, we have our own WhatsApp group, so the banter will still be full on, the stories from each group will be passed on even though we'll be in our own gardens supping Stella, the pish taking will still be full-on, you make best of the situation.

You come across as a glass half empty person, we're all chomping at the bit.

Wolf

Visit site
I'd say your completely normal, I'm same golf is the last thing on my to do list, all I want is to see my kids, then visit my parents, the father in law and family. After all that I want to go to the gym and maybe then think about playing golf. Gonna be at least 3 months before I think about playing.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'd say your completely normal, I'm same golf is the last thing on my to do list, all I want is to see my kids, then visit my parents, the father in law and family. After all that I want to go to the gym and maybe then think about playing golf. Gonna be at least 3 months before I think about playing.

Nurse nurse, there's 2 of them now...... ;)

D

Deleted member 18588

I don't seem to have noticed anyone on this or other threads placing a return to work high on their list of priorities.

Funny that.?