am i ready for a softer ball?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
hi, i'm a 24 handicap and currently using titleist dt solo or TM LDP's. i'm currently averaging 8 GIR. the one's that i dont hit quite often hit the green and roll off which is suprising considering how high my shots go (the pro is trying to sort me out but thats another story/thread).
i know softer balls have more stopping power but just worried about driver spin. on a bad driving day the last thing i need is more spin.

was thinking on switching the nxt tours or TM's TP. any thoughts guy's... :rolleyes:

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've switched from my normal rubbish to nxt tours.

I'm noticing a difference (negatively) in accuracy, but it's also nice to swing the ball around a little easier.

I also putt well with them and am certainly landing and stopping a bit sooner.

I think if you can accept a tiny bit more waywardness then a better ball is worth it, especially now the ground is hard.

bigbazzaboy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Srixon AD333 or NXT Tours are a good bet. I've recently switched to the AD333 and they're great,especially for the price. Last year I was playing with 2 NXT Tours I found and loved them but both went to the golf course in the sky (aka the trees that line the fairway at the 12th)

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use both Srixon AD333 and soft feel depending on the course I'm playing. If I'm playing a short course where the driver wont come out much then the soft feel balls are my weapon of choice.

if I need to whack it a few times the the AD333 would be my choice.

In my short experience I get the soft feel to spin more due to compression on impact where as the ad333 will bounce on depending on the angle your coming down at.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The dx2 Wilson staff is a nice medium between a harder ball and soft ball. I use ad333 in the spring/autum months when stopping is easier and dx3 in the summer when I need more spin, I'd say the dx2 is bang between both.