Am I a CAT 1 golfer?

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Need some help...........I shot a 2 over gross (6 better than CSS) 2 weeks ago and triggered an ESR flag.

Today I shot a 3 over gross (nett 67) and depending on the CSS (par 71) I reckon my cut will be:

CSS 70 (3 better) = 0.6 cut = 6.6
CSS 71 (4 better) = 0.8 cut = 6.4
CSS 72 (5 better) = 1.0 cut = 6.2
CSS 73 (6 better) = 1.2 cut = 6.0
CSS 74 (7 better) = 1.4 cut = 5.8
Now assuming CSS doesn't go down to 70 ( unlikely given the conditions today - raining and windy), it should now trigger an actual ESR cut.

my question is....can this ESR take me to 5 or better...ie CAT 1, or is the ESR not able to do this? My understanding was that only the County could make this call?

Hoping Duncan and the crew will be along to have a guess at what I might be playing off tomorrow in my Semi final mixed pairs knockout.......(too impatient to wait for HDID in the morning!!!!)

PS...I played with the guy who I'm playing against tomorrow in the knockout.......he was rubbing his hands....lol.......my mixed partner wasn't too impressed when I rang her and gave her the news......

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good scoring Rick.

As Louise said, ESR can't take you to cat1, but it can take you to 5.5 if it's applied.

Doesn't look like it'll be long now either way.

Is our bet on now? ;-)

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It can't take you to Cat 1. Not sure if it can take you as far as 5.5 or not?

Edit: just seen in last post it can take you to 5.5

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thats great scoring Rick, so either way, just a matter of time.

Is this the lowest you have been?

yes ...previous low was 6.6.....but then i went up to 9.4.....back down to 7........up to 8.9 ( 3 weeks ago)........now hopefully 5.5........

feel a bit cheated that I wont get cut more as it would have probably triggered a 1 or 2 shot cut given that the 2 ESR events were so close and ( depending on CSS for today) could be 6 under 2 weeks ago and 4, 5 or 6 under CSS today.......

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Although ESR cannot take you below 5.5, there is still scope for your handicap committee to consider a general Clause 23 reduction. That, however, would have to go to your County Union for them to consider and approve or reject.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well played sir. Just one question if I may.....
Do you have a different h/cap for each set of clubs you have ?

I doubt it as he wouldnt be able to keep track of them all haha

great golf Rick, I can only dream of them kind of scores. cat1 will arrive in due course

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Although ESR cannot take you below 5.5, there is still scope for your handicap committee to consider a general Clause 23 reduction. That, however, would have to go to your County Union for them to consider and approve or reject.

I like this!!....might pursue with our H/C sec.

If there had not been a 5.5 limit imposed by CONGU, my handicap would now be exactly 4.0 as my 6 under CSS yesterday would have attracted an additional 2 shot cut instead of the 0.5 that was actually imposed on top of the 1.2 competition cut.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Guess we can't call you a Bandit anymore.....

Sweet scoring Rick.

But there isn't room in Cat1 for both of us - guess I might have to make way for you.......
sad0004.gif

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well played sir. Just one question if I may.....
Do you have a different h/cap for each set of clubs you have ?

very funny Bob!!....actually since I put the Taylor Made irons back in the bag at the beginning of August, I've gone from 8.9 to 5.5 so there is very shortly going to be a very shiney set of Callaway X forged irons 3-PW with beautiful Nippon NSPro 1150 gh tour stiff shafts going into the for sale section!!!!!...........

I will then have finally reached my golfing lifetime ambition............only 1 set of irons!!!!!!!!......lol

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great going mate!!! Seriously good golf that. CAT 1 is only a matter of time!!

Have you made a concious effort to practise or is it just down to being in great form and playing more rounds of golf than i've had hot dinners?? (thats a lot of dinners btw) :)