Alwoodley v Moortown

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If the top Bournemouth courses are really good then that makes it a good course doesn't it? You just may be lucky with what you have on your doorstep.

A lot of this depends on what other courses you have played. My BiL has played a lot of corporate courses in the NE and some in Yorkshire. He really rated both Alwoodley and Ganton. Maybe if he played in another part of the country with better courses then he may dismiss them both but having played a number of very nice courses with him, so understand the baseline he is working to, then I am happy to respect his opinion.

Also Woodley and Moortown will put a head on your bitter, without having to ask, and have special bowls outside the clubhouse for long-necked whippets. :whoo:

D

Deleted Member 1156

* Deleted this post as I'm stupid and posted it on the wrong thread :eek::D

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also Woodley and Moortown will put a head on your bitter, without having to ask, and have special bowls outside the clubhouse for long-necked whippets. :whoo:

You mean their are clubs out there not like that, shudder.........Thanks for the warning LB, I'll steer well clear of the south coast then :thup:

I do remember going to London for the first time as an adult and getting served the worst pint of beer I have ever come across. No head, watered down. It was a shocker. Others in the pub were happily drinking away, knowing no better poor fools.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the top Bournemouth courses are really good then that makes it a good course doesn't it? You just may be lucky with what you have on your doorstep.

A lot of this depends on what other courses you have played. My BiL has played a lot of corporate courses in the NE and some in Yorkshire. He really rated both Alwoodley and Ganton. Maybe if he played in another part of the country with better courses then he may dismiss them both but having played a number of very nice courses with him, so understand the baseline he is working to, then I am happy to respect his opinion.

I didn't say it was bad, I was just expecting more after all the hype saying how good it is. I could still quite happily play there every day. The clubhouse is nice.

I'm sure that when the top courses are all in their best condition there isn't much between them anyway. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or so they say.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn't mean that to read as hissy as it reads. My point was that if you have a lot of really good clubs around you then this one may not stand out. It has a strong reputation in the region as we are not blessed with exceptional courses and so it stands out up here.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I loved The Alwoodley when I played it last year. One of my very favourite inland courses in the U.K.

I havent played Moortown yet, but I think as a Burnham & Berrow member there is a reciprocal arrangement with Moortown, so will try to get up there this Autumn to play it.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I loved The Alwoodley when I played it last year. One of my very favourite inland courses in the U.K.

I havent played Moortown yet, but I think as a Burnham & Berrow member there is a reciprocal arrangement with Moortown, so will try to get up there this Autumn to play it.
Yeah you do. List of courses is on the website

D

Deleted member 17920

Can someone sort another forum trip to Alwoodley, Moortown or Ganton please?
After playing Alwoodley again yesterday we shall be arranging a meet there next Summer.

Its too late in the year now to arrange anything and it was a tad wet yesterday.