Alwoodley Sunday 19th April (North west regional qualifier) but open to all

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
was there any news from ganton?

Yes Brownie, only got it today, though:-

Quote:-

I will do you a flat rate regardless of numbers £60 for the golf (25% discount of the green fee) & £8.50 for sit down meal. If you want a sit down meal you will need jackets & ties for the dining room. However if you didn’t want to do that I would recommend the Ganton Sandwich Lunch at £7 which is sandwiches, local pork pie & Ganton cake with stilton.

Unfortunately because we have a ladies competition at 10am it would mean it would be an early start. There is accommodation in a pub at the bottom of the drive.

Unquote.

I may just do the Alwoodley, or play Moor allerton the day before (the Saturday), try to not get ballooned, so I'm fresh for Alwoodley.

TBH I think the above is what Richart was getting anyway (£60), but if anyone wants to step in and organise a day at Ganton for the Monday, I've no problem with that. I can pass on the correspondence, if anyone does.

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just looking at other courses local to us. Mainly Headingley as it less than 5 mins away. They have scrapped the 28 to 31 age group so my fees will jump up rather considerably when I have to renew in March so just considering options.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just looking at other courses local to us. Mainly Headingley as it less than 5 mins away. They have scrapped the 28 to 31 age group so my fees will jump up rather considerably when I have to renew in March so just considering options.

Nice, I've never played it but have a mate who's a member. He speaks highly of it, and says its a quality track and really nice members club. Good luck with the search, you have a quite a few nice courses around to choose from !!!

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nice, I've never played it but have a mate who's a member. He speaks highly of it, and says its a quality track and really nice members club. Good luck with the search, you have a quite a few nice courses around to choose from !!!

Cheers Andy. That's good to hear about Headingley, from the initial enquiries it looks good, I haven't played it yet so need to arrange a visit soon. Yeh spoilt for choice around here but a lot have joining fees so need to weigh up whether it makes sense to move.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I will almost certainly be looking for a game on the Monday. Either at Moortown, Ganton is just too far a drive in the wrong direction to home, or Notts/Sherwood Forest which are both on the drive home. Notts seems to be only three balls, though they do have a Monday deal of £55 including one course meal. For a top 50 course seems like a bargain.

If anyone is interested let me know.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm interested Rich

Sherwood or Moortown would be my preferred also as its on the way back and possibly look for accommodation in that area

D

Deleted member 17920

I will almost certainly be looking for a game on the Monday. Either at Moortown, Ganton is just too far a drive in the wrong direction to home, or Notts/Sherwood Forest which are both on the drive home. Notts seems to be only three balls, though they do have a Monday deal of £55 including one course meal. For a top 50 course seems like a bargain.

Sherwood is £160 for a 4 ball inc breakfast for April. If you do Sherwood I would be interested.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I just played Sherwood incl breakfast for £35 and we played as 4-balls, in also in for that.

D

Deleted member 1147

I'm interested