Alternative ball to ProV1 - less spin more distance

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Taylor made TP RED - the black is the higher spin 1 ie ridiculous spin levels.

TP red is my ball of choice and clubhouse golf does them @ £24.99 for a dozen ;)

currently playing off mid teens and recently dropped to prov1's and have noticed the control factor around greens and for chipping etc, but still cant swallow the £35.00 a dozen price. Ive noticed yesturday(not sure if it qwas a fathers day special) AG doing 2 dozed TM red or TM Black for 32.00, great price but which is closer to the Pro-v1.

When i asked the guy in the shop, he rapidly dismissed both options telling me Burner TP's at £30.00 a dozen were the closest thing to Pro V1, but if im paying £30.00 per dozen, i may aswell pay the extra £5.00 and get what i know.

For me distance isnt so much an issue, i tend to drive 260/280 of the tee(if its hard with roll 300), so can lose a bit of distance if it means more control in...

I should ad that i generally have a pretty hi ball flight too, not ure if this should be considered between the red and black TM's?

S

Snelly

Srixon Z-Star are a superb ball.

Not sure that they spin less than a ProV1 though.....

GasMan

Assistant Pro
Visit site
TP Black = Pro V1 equivalent but they cut up like you've used a cheese grater on them.

TP Red = Pro V1x equivalent but cheaper especially if you go on www.clubhousegolf.co.uk £24.99 a dozen on there.

Burner TP is supposed to spin even less but still feel soft. Never hit them outside of the winter so couldn't comment on the spin personally.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
TP Black = Pro V1 equivalent but they cut up like you've used a cheese grater on them.

TP Red = Pro V1x equivalent but cheaper especially if you go on www.clubhousegolf.co.uk £24.99 a dozen on there.

Burner TP is supposed to spin even less but still feel soft. Never hit them outside of the winter so couldn't comment on the spin personally.

managed to find TP Burners at £21.50 a box... including delivery ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250636036151&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching