Alps Plane Crash

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow. unbelievable. Hope they manage to find some survivors, but seriously doubt it. Have flown with these guys before, they are the no frills arm of Lufthansa. thoughts are with the families of those missing. Being a very frequent flyer around europe, you just dont expect this these days.

D

Deleted member 15344

Awful news - hope they find survivors but sadly seems unlikely :(

S

Snelly

Tragic.

Not massively enthused at the prospect of getting on an A320 tomorrow at 8am now either.

D

Deleted member 1740

Just heard about this on the news , absolutely tragic.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I see the OP has been blackballed again, now what has he done??

D

Deleted Member 1156

Look next to his name at the top of this thread, says it there. I reckon he is trying to get out of a losing HFH bet :D

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Terrible accident, the missus worked for a summer in Barcelonette near where the plane came down and she says it's absolutely stunning, just mountains with the odd lake.
Strange how the pilot didn't send out a message prior to the crash, or at least that is what's been reported.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stat on sky news today that an A320 either takes off or touches down EVERY 2 SECONDS somewhere in the world, and that there have been 11 reported fatal incidents involving A320 aircraft.

The old adage of "The more its reported on the news the less frequent it actually happens" being true never takes away from the pain the loss of a loved one or someone you know.

The facts are flying is far safer than getting on a bike or in a car but I still feel for the people involved, having never known loss under circumstances like that I cannot imagine how they feel or anyone feels at times like that.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The old adage of "The more its reported on the news the less frequent it actually happens" being true never takes away from the pain the loss of a loved one or someone you know.

The facts are flying is far safer than getting on a bike or in a car but I still feel for the people involved, having never known loss under circumstances like that I cannot imagine how they feel or anyone feels at times like that.

Statistically you're absolutely right; logically there's a sense of survivability in car or bike crashes that doesn't seem to apply to plane crashes so they just feel worse, despite being statistically less likely.