Alnmouth/Dunstanburgh

JMSAFC87

Visit site
Two lovely courses I played this weekend up Northumberland. I also played with 9 clubs(which I do always now) and managed to win on the 1st day and finish second on the Sunday ;)

D

Deleted member 21258

Played Dunstanburgh and agree with you, as really enjoyed it

Well done on the 1st and 2nd:cool:

JMSAFC87

Visit site
Me too. Proper links.

I remember playing a 300yd par 4 in the direction towards the castle, with the wind in our face. A driver and 4 iron left me short of the green. On the way back in, there was a 450+yd par 5, which I hit the green in 2 with a driver and SW :D

Yeah it was really hard. I think my golf bag blew over at least once on every hole, add to the fun I suppose :LOL:

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was planning on a trip to this area any other recommendations? What is seahouses like ?

Start of front 9 is links, then you cross the road into a field which is carnage. Back 9 is ok but too many balls flying in all directions for my liking. 20th hole is a beauty.

Bamburgh is worth a look at, I love it there.

Hackers76

Visit site
I rarely use my woods so I could get rid of those, same for 5 iron. My 3 & 4 hybrids are my go to long clubs but I use all from 6i up regularly through a round so would keep them.
Certainly worth considering as I feel I should be using the woods more when on the course but I am nowhere near as consistent ias th them as the hybrids. It would make decision making easier.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not played it bit walked alongside Dunstanburgh a couple of times.
Tricky little par 3 up near the castle - not long but it's always blowin' a hoolie around there.

JMSAFC87

Visit site
I rarely use my woods so I could get rid of those, same for 5 iron. My 3 & 4 hybrids are my go to long clubs but I use all from 6i up regularly through a round so would keep them.
Certainly worth considering as I feel I should be using the woods more when on the course but I am nowhere near as consistent ias th them as the hybrids. It would make decision making easier.
Honestly it’s the best thing I have done reduce my bag. Much easier to carry and it totally eliminates the doubts over certain club selection for me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was planning on a trip to this area any other recommendations? What is seahouses like ?
Are you wanting to stick with links or mix it up a bit?

Bamburgh is a good course with spectacular views. Don't pay over the top for it though, it isn't that good a course. If it dry then Linden Hall is a really good layout, a pretty parkland course. I'm a big fan of Whitley Bay, that is well worth a round.

I've dropped my son off to play Seahouses on a number of occasions but I don't think I've actually played it. I'm sure someone will be along soon to fill you in on it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played seahouses a couple or three times. There's some lovely par threes. One over the water all the way to the green and another called " the cove". It short but depending on the wind. There are some nice holes but the course goes over the road and is bland. There is the old road bridge at the side of the course and that could be another awesome par three but the council would not sell the bridge and bit of land to the course. Nice course but I don't think it is in the same category as Bamburgh which I loved and Alnmouth.
Alnmouth is unique in the sense that it is a parkland course, but has some links type holes. Played that with Man in Black and just loved it.
Goswick is just up the rd from Seahouses and is rated as a decent links course, but none of us four that played it rated it. In fact we put it behind Bamburgh and Alnmouth

Chaddy

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’m not a massive fan of Seahouses to be honest. The holes across the road are very wet and bar a couple of very pretty par 3s it’s not the most exciting, that’s just my view though. I echo what other people have said, Bamburgh is a great track. A little bit further up the road is Goswick which is a fantastic track. Alnmouth village is a good little 9 hole test with great greens!

D

Deleted member 21258

Only played three, and if you are only playing one course then would say Bamburgh then Dunstanburgh then Seahouses.

The views of bamburgh are hard to beat, probably best from a coastal course I have seen, but it is a fairly stiff walk with some great fun holes. Will be revisiting when next in the area.