All things BBQ and Braai

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Wow, do you have the recipe at hand?

I did what I normally do, watched a few videos on YouTube for ideas then cobbled something together. ?

This was rubbed in pulled pork seasoning and left overnight, then slow cooked for about 3 hours at 120c then I put them in the tin and gave them a good coving of sweet baby Ray’s, a lot of butter and a big drizzle of honey. Mixed it up, covered in foil the cooked for another couple of hours! Tbh they are so rich I’ve over done it a bit! ??

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Last two nights have been pizza oven. Tonight is tepinyaki grill. It really is a hands on cooking experience. Steak, chicken and sausage sliced. Along with Chorizo and raw prawns. chuck in some sliced Haloumi, marinade sauces and salad and it’s a fantastic evenings cooking.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did what I normally do, watched a few videos on YouTube for ideas then cobbled something together. ?

This was rubbed in pulled pork seasoning and left overnight, then slow cooked for about 3 hours at 120c then I put them in the tin and gave them a good coving of sweet baby Ray’s, a lot of butter and a big drizzle of honey. Mixed it up, covered in foil the cooked for another couple of hours! Tbh they are so rich I’ve over done it a bit! ??

Lol nice one, pork belly?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Last two nights have been pizza oven. Tonight is tepinyaki grill. It really is a hands on cooking experience. Steak, chicken and sausage sliced. Along with Chorizo and raw prawns. chuck in some sliced Haloumi, marinade sauces and salad and it’s a fantastic evenings cooking.
it was going so well, everything had been prepared, for two. Then young lad Tash turned up and he has the appetite of a grizzly coming outta hibernation.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not BBQ related, but didn't want to start another food thread. Got myself a piece of fillet from the butcher today. Coated it in a mix of dijon mustard, garlic and olive oil and then rolled it in crushed peppercorns. Rolled it in a pan of hot oil to seal the outside and then sliced it as thin as possible. Fortunately neither of the kids likes it so it looks like it's all for me.

Carpaccio.jpg

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Not BBQ related, but didn't want to start another food thread. Got myself a piece of fillet from the butcher today. Coated it in a mix of dijon mustard, garlic and olive oil and then rolled it in crushed peppercorns. Rolled it in a pan of hot oil to seal the outside and then sliced it as thin as possible. Fortunately neither of the kids likes it so it looks like it's all for me.

View attachment 38130
Yum!!

Tashyboy

Visit site
Tomahawk Steak £13.49 per kg / Wagyu Rump Steak £6 227g / Wagyu Sirloin Steak £6.46 227g / Wagyu Ribeye Steak £6.98 227g @ Aldi from 26th

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In tonight's episode of how much raw meat can one person eat in a week, another non BBQ meal.......

SteakTartare.jpg

Not the best photo but homemade steak tartare with halloumi fries and oven roasted cherry tomatoes.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cracking BBQ tonight, for starters some freshly picked sweet corn from the veggie patch covered in spicy garlic and oregano butter. To follow two huge racks of ribs from Morissons dusted in a homeade rub and finished with chipotle raspberry sauce, sides of spicy roasted baby potatoes and a home made slaw ?
Threw a chunk of applewood into the hopper for good measure ?20210908_185511-01.jpg20210908_193034-01.jpg20210908_203506-01.jpg

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
2kg Christmas Turkey, spatchcocked and on the kamado ?

Direct heat, rib cage down.

Merry Christmas fellow barbecue enthusiasts!

Sounds fantastic, I’d be bbqing if I wasn’t down at the in laws ?
Made two hams on Thursday, one supermarket bought the other from the local butchers. Injected one with rum and pineapple the other with bourbon and pineapple. Smeared both with American mustard and covered in a homemade rub. On the bbq with a lump of applewood, made a rum and pineapple glaze for one and bourbon and coke for the other. I had a small sample on Thursday night but I was quite tipsy and can’t remember how they were ??