alignment sticks ...

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
what do you guys do with these exactly? is it worth buying them or just lay clubs down on the ground. i laid a club on the ground yesterday while. it certainly helped me to line up square to the ball. its a tricky hole to get lined up stright to.

any recommended videos on how to use them properly?

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Point them at your target and that's about it. Go to b&q and buy two bamboo garden canes it is cheaper and does the same thing.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've got a pair of these, but sadly don't own any Titleist clubs.......
Got them from American Golf and personally think they're great. Useful for not only to check alignment, but also for checking swing plane when you stick em in the ground at the same angle as the shaft. Also good to stick in the ground next to hip to work on transition down to make sure you turn around the hip and not slide too much.
Yes you could use a club or canes from B&Q but there're perfectly straight and a better length and more practical.
Get some and look the part with all the gear and no idea.........

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a pair of luminous pink ones. Not through choice, I won them at the back end of last year.

Have to say I've started using them a lot more now I have the time again to work on my game.

The simplest use is to put them down to line up to, but i've started using them as a swing plane aids as Jensen mentions.

I also use mine a lot now on the putting greens for lag putting, either by creating a small square around the hole which you have to stop the ball in. Or putting one behind the hole as a back stop the idea being not to hit the can but stop the ball between the hole and the cane. 2 Drills I pick up from GM as it goes, and my lag putting has improved massively as has my pace control.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
No.1 Spend £14.99, preferably more on some sticks that cost about 8p to make.
No.2 Use them once or twice in the search for the perfect golf swing and discover you could have actually done the same for 8p.
No.3 Put them in you carry bag (preferably Titleist) and NEVER REMOVE THEM to show just how serious you are about your game.
No.4 Play against a cynical old duffer who beats you 5&4 as well completely taking the taking the **** out of you from the first tee.

Simples.

Note to general public - ALL these common problems can be avoided by taking care to avoid rule No.3. Removal of said item to BOOT of Citroen Saxo 1.1 can ensure an easy and trouble-free passage to winnersville.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
No.1 Spend £14.99, preferably more on some sticks that cost about 8p to make.
No.2 Use them once or twice in the search for the perfect golf swing and discover you could have actually done the same for 8p.
No.3 Put them in you carry bag (preferably Titleist) and NEVER REMOVE THEM to show just how serious you are about your game.
No.4 Play against a cynical old duffer who beats you 5&4 as well completely taking the taking the **** out of you from the first tee.

Simples.

Note to general public - ALL these common problems can be avoided by taking care to avoid rule No.3. Removal of said item to BOOT of Citroen Saxo 1.1 can ensure an easy and trouble-free passage to winnersville.

Or even better, get the two shorter versions that are joined together at one end, preferably in black

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I got a pair but the price was too good - FREE. I use them a lot in practice to make sure the alignment is right. I have used them for checking the plane but started getting bogged down in technique. I use them on the green as an alley to make sure the putter is travelling properly. I also use then as a target for chipping and set them on the green and aim to pop the ball just over it

Minhoca

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use them as they are useful for more than just laying on the floor. If you have grass range facility's you can do much more with them. They are wasted on a normal range you might as well lay clubs down.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I might buy some and use them at the range.

Why not. I'm not anti the idea/use of them at all. I have an assortment of stuff to use at the range.

One is a tent pole (collapsible with rope down the tubes) to set up a line that goes back 4 metres.

I also have some plastic piping from the hardware store and two "fake bamboo" sticks from the garden centre.

Anything that helps is a good idea. Personally, I mostly lay clubs on the mat at the range, although I have a special mat that goes over the normal mat, which is a practise aid in work.